“Phillie Guy Review”

Cuisines: American
Fennimore, Wisconsin
“Phillie Guy Review”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The cheesesteak was to die for!! The waitress couldn't have been more accomodating! The value was amazing and a very nice place for a Saturday lunch...few places are open @ 1:00 pm

Visited February 2013

Galena, Illinois
“The Older Locals and Families Like This Place”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a bar & grill, which accepts cash and personal checks only. They serve bar & grill quality food. So, bring the right attitude, as I say, in my reviews. My wife ordered the grilled chicken salad, and I ordered the chef salad. Both were huge with fresh ingredients and worth the $8.95 price. I also ordered the fried mushrooms, which were plentiful and of good size. Fried mushrooms pretty much taste the same everywhere to me, and these were not particularly remarkable. I actually ended up bringing these home to eat the next day there were so many. The dressings for the salads and mushrooms came in good size packets, and they were pretty good. They offer a couple of fat free selections, which we appreciated and selected. Being a bar, the selection of alcohol was typical. They also offered Diet Sprite, in addition to Diet Coke. We were the second party in the establishment about 6:15 PM and we had no trouble being served quickly. However, by the time we left, the only waitress was moving pretty quickly keeping everyone served. In addition to five burgers, they serve fourteen sandwiches, soup and chili, eighteen appetizers, four wraps, several pizzas, and they have a kids menu which includes the great old favorite: mac and cheese. The bar decor is enhanced by four fish acquariums behind the bar, a couple of pinball machines, and they looked to be getting ready to open four video poker gaming machines, which are now legal in Illinois. They offer a Sunday brunch for $7.95 my wife and I will eventually try. We rarely go to bars, so this was an interesting and enjoyable change of pace for us.

• Visited February 2013
Woodridge, IL
“Worth the Price”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our second time here and we have been very happy with the service and the food. Both times we went for lunch and both times the portions were large. This is not a fancy place,just plain but it was pretty filled up with people. I would go back again. Just to let everyone know they do not take credit cards. Cash or check only.

• Visited September 2012
victoria iil
“PARADISE LOST !”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After a 40 minute wait, at a non peak time, we were very, very, VERY, disappointed with our food. My lady friend's hamburger was so-so at best. My 'breaded' tenderloin was a joke. It was actually only a paper thin pork fritter that was as best as i can describe, nearly rancid tasting. Even the ice tea was instant and tasted as though it was squeezed out of wet cardboard. Go back? No way,. no how !!! BEWARE! They would never last with repeat business.......

• Visited September 2012
Austin, TX
“Waited forever”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We loved the bloody mary's as they stated are the best and they were very good. But the burgers were just average regular burgers and we waited forever for these. It took 45 minutes after we ordered, not counting how long we waited for our order to be taken, and then they didn't get one of them right. It was busy but there wasn't a wait. So they either need to hire more cooks, more waiters, or come when no one else is there. Wouldn't return unless I just want a bloody mary!

Visited August 2012

Been to Paradise Bar & Grille? Share your experiences!