“Not worth a return trip”

Paradise Bar & Grille
Ranked #41 of 62 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Cash Only, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Not worth a return trip”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Horrible food, slow service. Not recommended. Definitely not a place that we would visit again.

• Visited June 2012

“Kind of a dive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Went in to eat lunch. Drinks were kind of high. I had a burger and fries, nothing special about it. My wife had the turkey club om rye and she loved it. It was huge and she ate the whole thing. Only thing that keeps it from a 4 is the price of the drinks. Would go again.

Visited June 2012
Galena, IL
“Three Strikes and You Get a Bad Review”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

I give a restaurant a chance figuring they may be having an off day. Each time I've been to the Paradise Bar the staff was rude, service poor and food less than mediocre. However, they are still in business so somebody likes them. I won't go back.

• Visited December 2011
Peoria, IL
“Nice breakfast brunch, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We had a drink at the bar one night, and the staff was very friendly, the service quick, even though they were very busy. The next day we came back for the breakfast buffet. We were greeted and seated quickly. The buffet had several dishes, and then they offered made to order omelets, eggs and (I think) pancakes. All of the food we tried was very good. The waitress was very efficient. Nothing fancy, but good food at a good price.

Visited March 2012
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Far from Paradise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

I was really looking forward to trying out a restaurant in Galena however a quick rain shower made many of the places fill up quickly. Paradise Bar was the first place we came to that wasn't packed. Now I know why.

We were greeted by what I believe was the owner. She led us to our table where she threw the menus down and walked away. Wow, thanks!! One look at the menu and I was disappointed. It was a typical family restaurant type menu, nothing unusual. We were served our drinks and then we just sat. I watched our waitress cleaning tables and then bringing food to people that arrived after us. She had not even taken our order yet! Just as we were about to get up and leave, she walked by us and said "I got your order right?" Um NO!!

The food arrived and it was as expected..average. Fries were pretty coleslaw was inedible and the burger was decent.

I would not return.