“Three Strikes and You Get a Bad Review”

Paradise Bar & Grille
Ranked #41 of 63 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Cash Only, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Galena, IL
“Three Strikes and You Get a Bad Review”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I give a restaurant a chance figuring they may be having an off day. Each time I've been to the Paradise Bar the staff was rude, service poor and food less than mediocre. However, they are still in business so somebody likes them. I won't go back.

• Visited December 2011

Peoria, IL
“Nice breakfast brunch, friendly staff”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We had a drink at the bar one night, and the staff was very friendly, the service quick, even though they were very busy. The next day we came back for the breakfast buffet. We were greeted and seated quickly. The buffet had several dishes, and then they offered made to order omelets, eggs and (I think) pancakes. All of the food we tried was very good. The waitress was very efficient. Nothing fancy, but good food at a good price.

Visited March 2012
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Far from Paradise”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I was really looking forward to trying out a restaurant in Galena however a quick rain shower made many of the places fill up quickly. Paradise Bar was the first place we came to that wasn't packed. Now I know why.

We were greeted by what I believe was the owner. She led us to our table where she threw the menus down and walked away. Wow, thanks!! One look at the menu and I was disappointed. It was a typical family restaurant type menu, nothing unusual. We were served our drinks and then we just sat. I watched our waitress cleaning tables and then bringing food to people that arrived after us. She had not even taken our order yet! Just as we were about to get up and leave, she walked by us and said "I got your order right?" Um NO!!

The food arrived and it was as expected..average. Fries were pretty coleslaw was inedible and the burger was decent.

I would not return.

• Visited March 2012
Andalusia, Illinois
“pretty good food and not bad service”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I ride my bike up to Galena here and there and I have had pretty good service and the food is pretty good. I have read some of the bad reviews and I can understand them. For a pretty quick stop this is a pretty good place. Bloody Mary's are good but a little expensive.

• Visited September 2011
“Just like your local pub at home”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This where you will find a lot of the locales hanging out it seemed. All were very friendly. The drink prices were very reasonable. A good place to take a break from shopping.

Visited January 2012