“Sunset overlooking the Mississippi”
Review of Goldmoor Dining

Goldmoor Dining
Reserve a Table
Mon, 6/24
8:00 PM
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Black Jack Road
Description: Unmatched Old World decor, a diverse wine cellar, and premier personal service are all complemented by our chef"s creative cuisine. Enjoy dining in one of our cozy booths or elegant tables with breathtaking views overlooking the Mississippi River.
Reviewed May 15, 2019

Sat in the bar and had cocktails with friends. OMG! We had the beautiful sun setting with all of these glorious colors in the sky. Check it out folks!

Date of visit: May 2019
Birgit R, Owner at Goldmoor Dining, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Dear Steveandfernshow, thank you for sharing your experience at the Goldmoor. We totally agrre and the sunsets are always different and beautiful.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Goldmoor Dining has the best view of the Mississippi River. Absolutely beautiful at sunset. The food was amazing. I had the Beef Wellington and it did not disappoint. The Chief even came to our table to greet us and make sure everything was to our liking. I would highly recommend eating at least one dinner here, even if you are not able at stay at the Goldmoor Inn. I love that it is also open to the public.

Date of visit: April 2019
Birgit R, Owner at Goldmoor Dining, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Thank you Amy we agree the sunsets are stunning and we are happy that you enjoyed. Thank you for your nice comments we hope you will be back for another delicious meal.

Reviewed April 7, 2019

Excellent food in a relaxing atmosphere. While the Goldmoor is a few miles outside of Galena, it’s definitely worth the drive. My wife and I were seated at a window table, and over the course of our meal were treated to a beautiful view of sunset over the Mississippi River. I ordered the lamb shank osso buco, which was served with carrots, wild mushrooms, and parmesan potatoes in a rich wine reduction sauce. The flavors of the meal were outstanding … One of the best dishes I have eaten in a long time. My wife ordered the filet mignon, which was perfectly cooked … Her favorite meal of our recent trip to Galena. We also ordered dessert which was very good, but not as memorable as the main course. General atmosphere in the restaurant was quiet, which made for a relaxing dinner after spending the day in travel. The owners and staff were very friendly and welcoming. While dinner was expensive, we definitely felt it was worth it … The outstanding food, welcoming, relaxed atmosphere, and sunset view made this a meal we will remember.

Reviewed April 7, 2019

Amazing food, atmosphere, and view from the dining room. The Beef Wellington was everything I'd hoped it would be and more... tender, perfectly cooked medium rare with a flaky puff pastry...yum! We had creme brulee that was infused with lavender for dessert and it was to die for! Silky smooth with a gorgeous, crispy crust. I would definitely recommend Goldmoor for a special night out.

Reviewed March 27, 2019

Give this place a try! It's pricey but worth totally it. We reserved the Chef's table where you can sit in their kitchen and watch your meal being prepared. It's a real treat to chat with the chef. They shared some great stories and cooking tips. We started with the Citrus Salad and Scallops. I LOVED the salad and the scallops were perfectly cooked. My husband had the Beef Wellington and I had the Lamb Osso Bucco. Both were delicious and so tender. The portion sizes are large so we were definitely full but had dessert anyway. The lava cake was so good. The owner came and chatted with us for a bit which was very nice. They have a nice wine selection and they mentioned the will be getting an espresso machine soon. So treat yourself!

Date of visit: March 2019

Been to Goldmoor Dining? Share your experiences!