“Wonderful”
Review of Goldmoor Dining

Goldmoor Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Goldmoor Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 63 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Black Jack Road
Description: Unmatched Old World decor, a diverse wine cellar, and premier personal service are all complemented by our chef"s creative cuisine. Enjoy dining in one of our cozy booths or elegant tables with breathtaking views overlooking the Mississippi River.
Decatur, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great food, excellent service and beautiful setting. We watched the sunset as we ate the best Beef Wellington I have ever had. I'd plan another Galena vacation just so I could eat there again.

• Visited September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything was great !!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Top of the line food, top of the line service, one of the best vacations I ever went on. Felt great when I returned home, I don't think you can find better food or service at to many places like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
Galena,IL
“Lived Up to Its Reputation”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Goldmoor is often firmly ensconced at the top of the restaurant ratings for the Galena area and having not been there before, I was inclined to doubt this. Hubby and I have another hands-down favorite in town, so we were a little skeptical. I must say the Goldmoor was every bit as special as the reviews indicate. It is a place for a special evening or a celebration, not your casual evening out. The views of the Mighty Mississippi are beautiful, but if you are seated in the "cozy booths" you cannot see the sunset. This was disappointing. Two things made our evening very satisfying, the food and our server Sue. The food was all in all, very good. We started with the crab cake appetizer, enough to share, which was served with a tangy remoulade. It was difficult to get the cake from the serving plate onto the appetizer plate without a utensil to use or help from the server. I had the house specialty, the beef wellington. It was a great choice, very flavorful, beef cooked just right and served with summer squash and garlic mashed with demi-glace. My husband was a bit disappointed with his dover sole. He called it satisfying but not special. He wanted more flavor from the boursin sauce and the dirty rice. What really made our experience stand out was the "make it right" approach our server showed in correcting a mistake. Having only eaten about one third of my wellington, I asked to take the remainder home. She inadvertently tossed it all out. When we asked about it, she was terribly apologetic and we were willing to let it go. She returned to the kitchen, however, and came back with "lunch" for me for the next day. I went home with two kinds of soup and bread. This is the kind of service that sets a restaurant apart from its peers and Sue distinguished the Goldmoor as a cut above its competition. I hope the management knows what an asset she is. For an special evening out when we are willing to spend a little more money, we will return to the Goldmoor.

• Visited September 2013
“An evening to remember!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went to Galena for my sister's very special occasion and decided to have dinner here afterwards. They gave us the small private dining room overlooking the Mississippi River and the excellent chef even made her an amazing and delicious cake. The food was outstanding!! We all had slightly different versions of their Filet Mignon. It was out of this world. This resort and restaurant is truly lovely. The servers were friendly and helpful!!! We will be back!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a WONDERFUL evening of dining at the Goldmoor Inn! It was our first experience there, our friends treated us for our 35th wedding anniversary and my husband's Birthday....and it will be an evening we will never forget! Our server, Sue, was so friendly, knowledgeable, and
went out of her way to accommodate us and our needs. We had the Beef Wellington, Scallops, and the Bacon Wrapped Pork Medallions.....each dish was excellent In taste, presentation, and
quality. We enjoyed the 'old world' atmosphere and wonderful surroundings.....elegance at it's best! The grounds are calming, beautiful, and perfectly maintained. We will be talking about our experience at the Goldmoor Inn for a long time, and recommending it to all of our friends who want a wonder dining experience!! Thank you! Barb L.

• Visited August 2013