“GREAT AGAIN!”
Review of Goldmoor Dining

Goldmoor Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Goldmoor Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Black Jack Road
Description: Unmatched Old World decor, a diverse wine cellar, and premier personal service are all complemented by our chef"s creative cuisine. Enjoy dining in one of our cozy booths or elegant tables with breathtaking views overlooking the Mississippi River.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was our fourth stay at the Goldmoor Inn and the third year we ate there both nights of our stay. The menu is limited - but all is excellent. I love the beef wellington and hope they never take it off the menu. Our server was Sue (second year in a row) and we have made room and dining reservationsfor next year.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went to Goldmoor for the first Friday BB&Q. Loved the grounds and the lovely sunset view we had. We got to the BB&Q a little late and we felt like we were walking up to a wedding reception, awkward. You sat wherever at tables and with a bunch of strangers. Food was just average, but a different experience overall. Not worth the $25 per plate we paid.

1  Thank lluetchford
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We were there on a Friday night. We had a wonderful dinner. All the good was great. The salad the bread the dinner. I had the beef Wellington without the pastry and mushrooms. It was fantastic. The private room they had for our party of four. We had a small wedding cake made by them for us and it was unbelievable. I loved this place and will return as many times as I can when I'm galena. They inn is gorgeous and the view is breathtaking.

1  Thank Jeanie1996
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The view is wonderful, the drive there is very scenic. The dining room is elegant. On the day we were there, the service was terrible. I am sure that is not the norm, but they had one server for the whole dining room. I will say though that nothing came out cold and the food was very good. I would recommend for a romantic evening.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I especially like the first fridays BBQs because they do specific BBQs in the summer, have live music and the food and staff is great (including dessert). Because it's a more relaxed atmosphere even the guests are freindly.

Been to Goldmoor Dining? Share your experiences!