“Wonderful ride”

Shenandoah Riding Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Shenandoah Riding Center is a first-rate equine facility with a top caliber staff. Its location in The Galena Territory makes it unrivaled for scenic trails and tranquil beauty. From seasoned equestrians to beginning horse enthusiasts of all ages, we have something to offer for everyone! We are under new management effective January 1st, 2014 so please stop and see us and we will do our best to make your trip an awesome experience!
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful ride”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Everyone at Shenandoah Riding Center is so helpful and wonderful. We booked a last minute trail ride for 6 adults and had a blast. There were two guides, Mary and Rick, and they were just awesome! Mary was very patient with the group and the lead the trail. She was always looking back to make sure all 6 of us were ok and keeping up. Rick was at the back of the line and took the time and care to stay with my husband who is not experienced and did not want to trot or jog. They are very knowledgable and experienced so we all felt so comfortable and safe.

The trail we walked was so beautiful. The hills and forest are an enjoyment on their own. You will not be disappointed with the service, horses and scenery here! We will be back!!

Visited April 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Best Birthday Present!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Take a trail ride! The guides are very friendly and informative. We paid $150 for two riders and the trail was supposed to be an hour and 15 minutes. They took us out for 2 hours! The location is amazing as well with rolling hills, creeks, and a variety of plants. It is evident the horses are well cared for and loved...support an amazing place that cherishes horses!

Visited April 2014
Leeds
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great for Begineers”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The teacher was really patient with our nervous daughter and helped to reassure and encourage her to take her first horse ride.
They have recently changed their phone number - make sure you are calling the right number if you are getting no answer to your calls.

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic experiences, safety-conscious, very knowledgeable staff”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I've ridden three times with this stable and loved everything (with one exception: I arrived stupid once, having worn loose, slip-on shoes) about it. It's huge, offering indoor facilities as well as a large, wood-fenced outdoor arena connected to the stables. The staff hustles; they're very knowledgeable, so if you're early and able to keep up, ask any/all questions. Obviously, wearing sturdy, heeled shoes is a given!:) I'm an experienced rider, but I asked everything I could think of and learned a lot. Even before my first ride, I learned what size helmet I wear and how to wear it. Safety is #1, as it must be. The best part was riding, getting to know my horse. Downside? Those stupid shoes I wore. Have fun! And know you're in safe hands.

Visited November 2012
Tinley Park, Illinois, United States
“It was Great”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I had a great riding experience at Shenandoah Riding Center last week - Mary was our guide and she was great !!! She gave us some riding instructions before the ride which were very helpful. We are beginner riders and the horses we rode were very gentle. We had a great time and would go back there again and ask for Mary

Visited September 2013