“Fun Ride”

Shenandoah Riding Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Shenandoah Riding Center is a first-rate equine facility with a top caliber staff. Its location in The Galena Territory makes it unrivaled for scenic trails and tranquil beauty. From seasoned equestrians to beginning horse enthusiasts of all ages, we have something to offer for everyone! We are under new management effective January 1st, 2014 so please stop and see us and we will do our best to make your trip an awesome experience!
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Very good ride and gentle horses, the staff was friendly and paired us with good horses. The scenery was very pretty.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friend and I went on a trail ride while staying in Galena, and I somewhat enjoyed it, but there were some downfalls. It was a little pricey, but I expected that because of the area. I wish the trail ride was a little longer, more scenic, and you could do more than simply follow the leader. Maybe next time I will have to ask about a more interactive ride!

2  Thank JenniC83
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We recently took the two hour intermediate ride. Great trails, beautiful scenery, and a very nice and knowledgable guide. Thank you for a great ride, Mary!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The scenery through the Galena Territory was gorgeous, but the ride felt a little rushed and was definitely not a true beginner level ride. Over half the ride was at a trot, but was advertised as a walking ride. With 2/3 of our group inexperienced, it was not an overly pleasant experience.

2  Thank Katie C
LindleyLeahy, General Manager at Shenandoah Riding Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the lovely scenery. The Shenandoah Trail is a walk and a jog ride and is advertised as such on our website and brochures. We offer a great amount of instruction to our riders which empowers them and makes the ride more fun. We hope to have you out riding again. We do offer the option of taking a beginner riding lesson prior to the ride to help you (younger riders - ages 8 to 10 - are required to take this) feel more comfortable and learn basic riding skills before your next trail riding experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My 11 year old daughter just finished her fourth year of riding camp at Shenandoah with Lindley and it was amazing. Lindley and Justin are remarkably skilled at instructing the kids in riding safely and caring for the horses, all while the kids are having a blast with new and old friends at camp. I love how much my daughter has learned about horses, how confident she is in the skills she's learned and the work ethic that she's developed (I never heard a single complaint about the 90 degree temperatures or the hard work that comes along with caring for a large animal). I credit Lindley and her team with really knowing their horses and how to engage the kids. Shenandoah Riding Camp is an incredible value and a superb experience for any child who is interested in horses and horseback riding!

1  Thank Laura K
LindleyLeahy, Owner at Shenandoah Riding Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We love horse camp too! It is rewarding and fun to see the confidence and skills grow in our young riders. Thank you!