“Beautiful Scenery”

Shenandoah Riding Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Shenandoah Riding Center is a first-rate equine facility with a top caliber staff. Its location in The Galena Territory makes it unrivaled for scenic trails and tranquil beauty. From seasoned equestrians to beginning horse enthusiasts of all ages, we have something to offer for everyone! We are under new management effective January 1st, 2014 so please stop and see us and we will do our best to make your trip an awesome experience!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The scenery through the Galena Territory was gorgeous, but the ride felt a little rushed and was definitely not a true beginner level ride. Over half the ride was at a trot, but was advertised as a walking ride. With 2/3 of our group inexperienced, it was not an overly pleasant experience.

2  Thank Katie C
LindleyLeahy, General Manager at Shenandoah Riding Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the lovely scenery. The Shenandoah Trail is a walk and a jog ride and is advertised as such on our website and brochures. We offer a great amount of instruction to our riders which empowers them and makes the ride more fun. We hope to have you out riding again. We do offer the option of taking a beginner riding lesson prior to the ride to help you (younger riders - ages 8 to 10 - are required to take this) feel more comfortable and learn basic riding skills before your next trail riding experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My 11 year old daughter just finished her fourth year of riding camp at Shenandoah with Lindley and it was amazing. Lindley and Justin are remarkably skilled at instructing the kids in riding safely and caring for the horses, all while the kids are having a blast with new and old friends at camp. I love how much my daughter has learned about horses, how confident she is in the skills she's learned and the work ethic that she's developed (I never heard a single complaint about the 90 degree temperatures or the hard work that comes along with caring for a large animal). I credit Lindley and her team with really knowing their horses and how to engage the kids. Shenandoah Riding Camp is an incredible value and a superb experience for any child who is interested in horses and horseback riding!

1  Thank Laura K
LindleyLeahy, Owner at Shenandoah Riding Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We love horse camp too! It is rewarding and fun to see the confidence and skills grow in our young riders. Thank you!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife (who loves to ride) and I spent a wonderful morning here. The ride was beautiful and the guide ( I wish I remembered her name, but she is a retired teacher) was very friendly during the ride. I would recommend the riding center to everyone.

1  Thank geomm74
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Never before had I ridden a horse in my life. Consequently, I had also never showed up 10 minutes late to a horse-riding reservation. Regardless, both happened, and this group could not have been more accommodating, nor could they have provided a better time. It was raining and 50 degrees out, and I barely noticed my frigid hands the whole time through!

5  Thank Anastasia C
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I spent a glorious weekend in Galena for my birthday. Being a horse lover (& owner of 3 special needs horses) I insisted we had a ride at the local horse riding center. Upon arrival I was extremely impressed, the facility is awesome & the horses were all healthy & happy... AND SO FRIENDLY!! The owner Justin was our guide, a very friendly & informative. The most impressive thing was somehow Justin was able to break me of a very bad and 30yr habit of hanging on to the horn, nothing short of a mirical!

1  Thank foodcriticbydesire