Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Amazing experience!

This was a great family outing....most of us were first time riders, the beginner trail ride was... read more

Reviewed September 24, 2018
MommaGodzilla
Chicago, Illinois
via mobile
Great ride

My 12 year old daughter and I went on the beginner trail ride. She rode Walt and I rode Luke. It... read more

Reviewed August 18, 2018
jackobanzi
Skokie, Illinois

All reviews great ride intermediate trail private ride horseback ride galena territory morning ride own horse beautiful scenery great beginner extended family my husband and i small group rolling hills lots of fun horses riders mary
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My 11 year old daughter just finished her fourth year of riding camp at Shenandoah with Lindley and it was amazing. Lindley and Justin are remarkably skilled at instructing the kids in riding safely and caring for the horses, all while the kids are having a blast with new and old friends at camp. I love how much my daughter has learned about horses, how confident she is in the skills she's learned and the work ethic that she's developed (I never heard a single complaint about the 90 degree temperatures or the hard work that comes along with caring for a large animal). I credit Lindley and her team with really knowing their horses and how to engage the kids. Shenandoah Riding Camp is an incredible value and a superb experience for any child who is interested in horses and horseback riding!

1  Thank Laura K
LindleyLeahy, Owner at Shenandoah Riding Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We love horse camp too! It is rewarding and fun to see the confidence and skills grow in our young riders. Thank you!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife (who loves to ride) and I spent a wonderful morning here. The ride was beautiful and the guide ( I wish I remembered her name, but she is a retired teacher) was very friendly during the ride. I would recommend the riding center to everyone.

1  Thank geomm74
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Never before had I ridden a horse in my life. Consequently, I had also never showed up 10 minutes late to a horse-riding reservation. Regardless, both happened, and this group could not have been more accommodating, nor could they have provided a better time. It was raining and 50 degrees out, and I barely noticed my frigid hands the whole time through!

6  Thank Anastasia C
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I spent a glorious weekend in Galena for my birthday. Being a horse lover (& owner of 3 special needs horses) I insisted we had a ride at the local horse riding center. Upon arrival I was extremely impressed, the facility is awesome & the horses were all healthy & happy... AND SO FRIENDLY!! The owner Justin was our guide, a very friendly & informative. The most impressive thing was somehow Justin was able to break me of a very bad and 30yr habit of hanging on to the horn, nothing short of a mirical!

1  Thank foodcriticbydesire
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I took my wife to Galena for a birthday weekend getaway. She had mentioned she wanted to go horseback riding so I did some research and found the Shenandoah Riding Center. Glad I did!

Justin, our guide, was very funny and took the time to explain things. That was a real help since I had never been on a horse in my life.

The trail was relatively easy and the scenery was really nice. The horses were well trained and with Justin's continued advice, I was able to enjoy the ride and not worry about falling off.

Yes, I'm feeling a little sore even a couple of days later, but I knew that would happen. I'd still go back and do it again!

1  Thank Jon K