“Our Regular Stop in Galena!”

Gobbies Sports Pub and Eatery
Ranked #8 of 62 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ph:
Hinsdale, Illinois
“Our Regular Stop in Galena!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Our family travels to Galena often and Gobbies is always on our list to stop in and eat at! We love the relaxed pub atmosphere and how enjoyable it is to sit out on the beautiful patio in the warm months. The food is always great, and there is a ton of it which is an added bonus when you have three kids. All meals come with a complimentary salad and beer nuggets, (the kids favorite) we love the nachos and the pizza. We have always been seated quickly and the servers have always worked hard to make sure we have whatever we need. Overall a great place!

Visited December 2013

Madison, Wisconsin
“Always a great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I travel frequently and try to make sure I always stop by Gobbie's when I am in the Galena area. The restaurant is always clean and has a great atmosphere. More importantly the staff is friendly, the food is tasty, and the portions are generous. You will definitely have leftovers! I also highly recommend having a drink on their outdoor patio in the summer.

• Visited December 2013
Morris, Illinois
“cockroach on table”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Went to Gobbie's for lunch and ordered a pizza and boneless wings. Meal came with salad and beer nuggets. After having a slice of pizza I noticed a bug on scurrying across the table. I was able to squish it with my water glass and discovered it was a cockroach. This is extremely disturbing since it is winter and it was on my table. We called over the restaurant manager/owner and notified him and left. He offered us a gift card, but after this experience I will not be back!

• Visited December 2013
Braidwood, Illinois
“Unfortunate and Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Gobbies did provide a first time experience for me. I had never seen a cock roach in a restaurant until this past Saturday. The thing scurried across the table as we were eating our pizza. We actually "trapped" it and were able to show it to one of the owners.
On the bright side (I guess) the owner apologized profusely. He obviously comped the meal and then offered some gift certificates, which were declined. No need to ever go back.
Whatever atmosphere and charm the place may have had went right out the window. Gross.

Visited December 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
“Fun time, good drinks, decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Gobbies is your typical sports bar. Fun, loud, a variety of beers on tap and decent food. A lot of people rave about the pizza, but I think that it is just okay. The beer nuggets (deep fried pizza dough) are fun. It's a good place to go with friends & have a fun time. There is also a shuffle board in back, which is a plus!

• Visited August 2013