“Lacking in personality”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ph:
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We recently spent two nights in the Galena area and stopped here both nights nights for a beer. Thus this review is only for the bar. The bar wasn't crowed either night and I found both bartenders to be lackadaisical.

For a sports bar nobody in the place was paying any attention to the games on the TVs. This just seemed weird.

The prices were fine and they had a nice selection on tap of local brews.

Someone did tell us that this is one of only two places that stay open later than 9:30 for a beer.

There are newer reviews for Gobbies Sports Pub and Eatery

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stopped in for late Friday lunch. Hour wait for patio :( so enjoyed window seating watching Galena go by! Enjoyed beers and sandwiches. Waitress and service were excellent...good recommendations, loved the gyro though lots of food. Would definitely return.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was some of the best stuffed crust pizza I have ever had!!! My husband and I ordered the 12 inch, which came with some nuggets (essentially small, fried breadsticks) and a large salad. There was so much food that we ended up taking home close to half of the pizza!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We ate here with my parents, my husband, and our children. We were seated right away. We ordered and got our drinks. Meals come with salad served family style with the house dressing and "beer nuggets", fried pizza dough. I thought they were good. My husband and I ordered pizza. It was ok. I've had better. There was a sweeter taste to it. My children got chicken strips appetizer to split- there is NO kids menu. That was a disappointment. My parents ordered a sandwich to split which NEVER came. The waitress said their order was taken by someone else and they had to remake it. We were there over an hour. My water was never refilled and my parents didn't eat. It was loud inside. There is a lovely patio we could have sat on but it was 90 degrees. The management did take care of the sandwich and comped our drinks which was nice.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The pizza was great, thought he place itself was a little loud for dinner. Ha we shown up later, it would have been much quieter and enjoyable.