“Great burgers!!!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Outstanding burgers. Fun decor. I recommend the seasoned fries. The regular fries were just okay but the seasoned fries were deelish! We also had a delicious shake. Our waitress was not that attentive and I mentioned it to the manager (who was manning the register) and she was very apologetic an offered to give us some drinks for the road.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My family went to Durty Gurt's for dinner. We were impressed with the large menu. I really liked the fact that every sandwich could be made with a hamburger, chicken breast, or veggie burger. Everyone was satisfied and we left virtually empty plates. The shakes/malts are just heavenly. If you are in Galena and want a simple meal that is moderately priced, then this is your place!

Reviewed February 27, 2011

Daughter's mac 'n cheese was exactly what she loves - Kraft-like.
I consider myself a corned beef fanatic, and my rueben was one of, if not the, best I have ever had.
Wife's cheesy italian beef was good, but she was a little disappointed when it didn't taste as good as her favorite place near home.
Portion sizes were huge.
Service and value was excellent.

Reviewed October 31, 2010

We had a wonderful experience all around! The burgers and shakes were great. the atmosphere is fun, especially for kids! We were well taken care of by friendly, outgoing, and professional staff. The value was excellent and this place will be onmy list of favorites.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

What a great place! We often ask the "local people" where to get a good meal. This time we didn't have to. We took a trolley ride while we visitied Galena, and the driver actually mentioned this particular restaurant as a local favorite. I can see why.
We were surprised to see toilets in the entry...literally. Toilets with flowers emerging from the tank is something I have never seen before. But once we entered the hostess reassured us. "Don't let the toilets fool ya, we have great food here", she said. She was very welcoming and gave us a table right away.
The waitress quickly approached and explained the specials and offered a drink. She returned promptly and asked if we had any questions about the menu. Since it was our first time there, we did have a few. She was very knowledgeable and never made us feel rushed.
Once we ordered we really had time to check out "the walls". They are filled with funny quotes. They even have a unique "cut-out" structure in the back of the restaurant where you can "stick your head" to have your picture taken with GURT herself. A must do if you have a camera. What a fantastic way to remember a trip to Galena.
The food arrived and was delicious! We were shocked by how much food you get for the price. The hostess came by to make sure we enjoyed everything. (Maybe she's an owner?) The waitress also checked in on us and reminded us to save room for a shake for desert. We laughed at that idea at first, but took her up on the offer to take a malt to go. We were so glad we did. We truly enjoyed our experience and will return.

Been to Durty Gurt's? Share your experiences!