“What a cool idea!”

Amelias Under the Lamplight Dinner Theater
Ranked #31 of 56 Restaurants in Galena
Reviewed February 3, 2020

My wife and I came to Galena for her birthday. Normally we go to concerts all the time, but this wasn't an option. This looked interesting, so we gave it a shot. It was awesome. The murder mystery requires participation from the audience and the host (I wish I knew his name) was very entertaining and quick-witted. He really brought the best out of the audience.

The food was good, the service was consistent, and the people were kind. You won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (20)

Reviewed January 27, 2020

Dinner PLUS an interactive magic show.....what a great experience. Nice green salad first. The salmon was delicious. That pecan bread pudding dessert was incredible. The service was wonderful. The performance was stellar....we had so much fun. We loved it. Definitely going to try one of their "murder mystery" shows next. Thank you for making our anniversary weekend even better.

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Great experience! I went with my teen son and we both had a great time. It was participatory and unique and the food and atmosphere were excellent. Amelia is a lovely host and John Green was an old fashioned performer in a rare way that we were glad to witness.

1  Thank 783andreaw
Reviewed January 8, 2020

I took my GF here for the murder mystery as a surprise and it was an interactive and entertaining experience beyond. We were both fortunate enough to be picked to participate in the production and my GF did an amazing job when she got to play a major role. Even if you're just going to sit back and watch, like most folks do, you'll be in for a heck of ride.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank K2335SWmatthewb
Reviewed December 16, 2019

This is a must! It was fun and really interesting. The host was terrific, and the murder mystery was a true story. The audience is the cast and what a great audience we had. I will definitely take in another one next time around.

Date of visit: December 2019