“Good Food - Good Value”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Good sushi rolls and sushi lunch plates. Fish was fresh, and there was a Friday lunch time sea food delivery while we were at the restaurant. Tataki beef was very tasty.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at most of Galena's restaurants many times, but never Little Tokyo, though we had heard from more than one person that we should give it a try. So, we did. We easily made reservations on a Friday night for 5:30 on a Saturday night of one of Galena's busiest weekends of the year. We aren't very experienced in this type of food, so we relied on a very helpful server to make suggestions. We tried a variety plate of Sashimi as an appetizer, which was new to us and was very fresh. My husband played it safe for his entree and ordered the hibachi fillet; I ordered the Gyoza soup (delicious) and Romeo & Juliet roll (equally delicious). My husband was disappointed in his fillet - it was tough to chew and couldn't be cut with a fork. We brought this to the attention of our server, who promptly replaced it with an entirely new fillet that my husband said melted in his mouth and fell apart with his fork! We're not quite sure what the problem was with the first fillet, unless he got the wrong cut of meat accidentally? For dessert, we tried the tempura New York cheesecake, also a first for us, which was good, though as we got further into the thickest part of the cheesecake, it was barely defrosted. We presume it is frozen before it is fried, to keep it from melting. Overall, our first experience at Little Tokyo was a pleasant one and we will return. The only disappointment was the fillet, but as I said, that was quickly taken care of.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice place to dine in Galena. Sushi was good! They offered basic rolls and some specialty rolls. The "Denise roll" was out favorite. Dining room was quite large and had a nice atmosphere. Good alternative to burgers and beers.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Best sushi you'll find in the Midwest! I have eaten here with my family many times, and everyone always finds something to eat, even the picky members of the family. Wine and beer list is simple, but complements the menu wonderfully.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We enjoyed great sushi for lunch. Because i'm pregnant, we only had cooked rolls, but they were great!

Been to Little Tokyo? Share your experiences!