“If you like Japanese food”
Review of Little Tokyo

Little Tokyo
Ranked #17 of 63 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Montrose, California
“If you like Japanese food”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have ordered the Bento Box. I am not familiar with other items and the waitress had a few problems communicating in English.

It is clean and all food is freshly prepared, much of it in open view.

They seem to attract much repeat business which is a good sign.

• Visited June 2012

“One of our favorite "go to" places in town.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We have tried numerous dishes and all have been excellent. The pineapple rice is one of our favorites! The sushi is always fresh and tasty.

“Always tastes great.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have become a sushi eater over the past several years. In the beginning I didn't really know how to order. I was intimidated by the language barrier and the menu, my own problems but I was determined to work through them. The folks at Little Tokyo removed both those barriers. They have been nothing but kind, friendly, and most of all patient. I used to always take a friend to share the experience and make it a little easier, now I can go it alone if I choose. YEAH. The food is always fabulous and I can rely on it to taste fresh every time. They are always willing to make all their rolls with soy wraps. They have spoiled me to the point that I will not eat them any other way. Not all restaurants are so willing to make all their rolls with soy wraps. Service, quality, and comfort are tops at this restaurant, you can't go wrong.

• Visited December 2012
“A Must in Galena”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Little Tokyo is one of my favorite places in Galena. The food is delicious and the restaurant is very clean. Started the weekend off with a trip for the delicious rolls. This time, had the Denise and Downtown. Yummy!!! We will definitely be back!

Visited December 2012
Rockford, Illinois
“There are better places...”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We ate here only because my husband wanted sushi and it was the only place in town that served it. It is clean but our waitress was incredibly rude. I asked to use the restroom and while waiting in line, was asked what I would like to drink. The food was okay but there are plenty of other restaurants in the area to eat at with friendlier waitstaff and better food for what you pay.

Visited November 2012