All reviews fire pit outdoor pool stay there again bring earplugs other hotels in the area one night the wi fi thin walls night's sleep close to town comfortable room great place to stay each morning motorcycle laundry backyard distillery
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

The motel has exactly what you need. They offer free popcorn and fresh morning donuts (one of the best I’ve had). Has fresh coffee and hot chocolate. Staff here is extremely friendly. The room was very clean and bed was very comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank peyton0308
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We've stayed in just about every type of accommodation available on our many jaunts and road trips, but it's always a pleasant surprise to find a place that harkens you back in time. And the Grant Hills Motel does just that- and in a good way! Not "back in time" because it's dated or worn. To the contrary- the whole property is very fresh and well maintained. "Back in time" to when you could stop along the road and find a good, clean, comfortable room to sleep in. And at a good value, too. The experience was positive from the kind attention in the "office" at check-in until the same kind people bid us goodbye upon our departure. While it doesn't have any "resort" features, it does exactly what it needs to do- provide a place to get a good night's sleep. And there's free coffee and donuts in the office in the morning if you are so inclined. If there is a any negative, and I guess it's no fault of the facility, there are very nice bistro-type tables and chairs outside each room. For cleanliness, they are each equipped with an ash tray, which, regrettably, the nice guy next to us used at will. It seems that the rooms are all smoke- free, but the property isn't. Well, maybe next time we'll roll the dice and get a non-smoking neighborhood. Not the end of the world, I guess.

Galena offers a lot of amenities with properties of all kinds. This one is another good option if all you need is a place to sleep, shower, and go.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ramona V, Owner at Grant Hills Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this lovely review about your stay at Grant Hills Motel. We do pride ourselves on providing clean, well maintained rooms and friendly service! Our Team works very hard at providing all of the above!

Galena is a beautiful, peaceful little town - rich in history, great restaurants, shops, wineries and an abundance of outdoor activities to make it the perfect tourist destination. Thank you for spending your night with us! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grant Hills Motel.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

For the price and the location, this motel was definitely worth it. Nothing negative about this motel. Staff is friendly. Next door to the Distillery which is a plus. Beautiful views in the backyard with a firepit access, great place to enjoy a cigar and a bourbon and have a fire. The rooms were clean and easy parking and access. I will be staying here again.

Room tip: Rooms in the back are quieter. Beautiful Views in the back. Great Location.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks, Mark, for your kind words about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our backyard fire pit which has been quite the hit! It sounds like you were also able to visit Blaum Brothers Distillery which is located right next door to us.

Thank you for spending your night with us! We hope to welcome you back very soon!!!

Reviewed August 25, 2018

Just left yesterday.

We requested a room in the back of the motel and I am glad we did. Big yard to let your dogs do their thing. Nice view also. There is a fire pit back there. If we had had items to make a fire, I would have had one one night.

Motel was pretty clean except my dog found something under the bed. Maybe a big hairball or something. We removed it. I then asked the woman at the desk if they allowed cats because it was something about the size of a small fist. Anyway, she apologized quite a bit and told us we could move to another room. Well, since we had settled in, we said it was okay to stay where we were.

Our room was number 33 and it was right next to the stairs that go up to the pool. The pool was okay but it is not heated. Needs a paint job but it was clean. It was nice to sit out there and read. Water was too cold for me.

It was very quiet in the back. Only one night was there someone else there. This was mid week so I am sure it is different on the weekend. The last night we did hear a "elephant" walking back and forth upstairs until about eleven at night. Then up at seven and I guess gone.

The bed was okay. I thought the pillows were kind of hard but my husband thought they were okay.

I would definitely return to this motel.

Room tip: The back rooms were quiet from the street noise.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I have the pleasure of staying here nice clean rooms, Friendly people great coffee! And you can bring your dogs if you want! Close to town and lots of entertainment. I would definitely stay here again

Date of stay: August 2018