“Rustic”

Galena Log Cabin Getaway
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Nice, clean, log cabins with fire place. Very charming and rustic, but felt like we were in the middle of a feed lot with the alpacas. My husband picked this place for our anniversary. No complaints other than I thought it was overpriced.

Room Tip: not all cabins are free standing, some are duplexes. Some cabins are right next to the animals feed...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I would have given this place a higher rating and written a much different review, until I got ready to take a shower in the morning before leaving and discovered there was no hot water in our cabin. The owner came over to our cabin about 15 minutes after we called, but it would have taken so long for the water heater to heat up the water, that we weren't able to take showers before we left. The owner's response was..."I'm sorry...these things happen." For $200 a night, I think he could have at least offered refund at least part of the cost. To me, that is very poor customer service for such an expensive place.

The log cabins are rustic, but cute. There was pre-cut wood at the fire pits and a gas grill which was very nice. The owners also provided binoculars in the cabin for star gazing. Had there been hot water, or better owner response to the lack thereof, I would have given this place 4 stars.....one star off for the high price and the worn down look of the place.

Also, beware, that not all cabins are free standing....several of them are two cabins separated by an open hallway.

This place is best for families with children or pets (or both)!.

The one thing that I didn't bring that I wish that I had, was a flashlight for walking around the firepits after dark. We did bring popcorn to pop in the microwave and sodas to drink which was fun to have around the fire. The owner's provide two camp chairs in the room that you can take outside for comfortable seating. There are also several picnic benches.

We took a walk along the trail by the creek in the daytime. It was mowed and easy to follow. There had been major flooding in Galena over the summer and I think it caused several trees to fall along the path with made mowing parts of it impossible and shortened the accessible parts of the path.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple