“Best value in Galena”

Ranked #12 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Best value in Galena”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights during the winter season. It was a perfect visit. B & B experience with hotel quality commodities including private whirlpool tub and fireplace in the room for the same price as a small room off main street.

The property is less than a 5 minute drive from downtown Galena and overlooks serene farmland & a lake with gazebo. Although our winter visit was lovely with hot chocolate by the fire, I imagine summer would be nice too-- they have a grill and outdoor pool on site.

The owner was very friendly-- gave us a wine bottle opener and was available both early morning and late evening (she lives on the property with her family.) The breakfast was modest but filling (no hot food, but plenty of bagels, yogurt, eggs--- and hot coffee in both lobby and in each room). The room was clean & comfortable. Would definitely return to stay here. Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend. Positives - The building and rooms are very nice and appear newly constructed. Le Fevre is situated on a beautiful piece of property with great views of the country side. it is about a five minute drive from the historic downtown Galena shopping district. The owner was very nice and accommodated a few special needs we had. Negatives - the continental breakfast left a little to be desired for (this could have also been due to the fact i think we were the only people staying there at the time) and the room service could be more attentive (coffee machine was not cleaned, firewood kindling not replaced). though, i'm sure it would have been had we asked, it was just something I noticed. overall, a great experience, and i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Galena, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2012

LeFevre Inn is tucked away in the hills of historic Galena with unbeatable views. It was the perfect location for our outdoor wedding ceremony. We had a cool day on the first day of Autumn, but the chill in the air was worth enduring because of the beautiful scenery. There is plenty of parking for guests and the grouds are well-kept. We reserved the Master Suite for 2 nights, which was quiet, clean, and comfortable. This room worked great because it was spacious enough to have my entire bridal party in there getting ready before the ceremony and after the wedding my husband and I were able to relax in the comfortable space with the whirlpool tub. The staff was so helpful and made everything so easy! We had a great wedding ceremony and a very memorable wedding day! I highly recommend LeFevre Inn for a ceremony site or destination wedding! We will be going back!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Master Suite, and it is a spacious, quiet, and comfortable room that accomodated my...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Highwood, Illinois
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Really needed to get away. Stumbeled across this very quiet, spacious and relaxing B&B that I will definately return to again. The rooms were very clean. The staff was very pleasant from the girl watering the flowers to the staff behind the desk. Wondefull pool, on site lake for paddle boat riding. Was not familular with the area and the staff was very helpful in pointing out different events and things to do in the area. Definately going back again this year.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Highwood, Illinois
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Peaceful resort where "you can get away from it all." Enjoyed the views. Staff was incredible and helped coordinate hot air balloon rides, wine tours and restaurant reservations. Suite was spacious, clean and decorated beautifully - I really wanted to buy the vase on the table. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hickory Hills, Illinois
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is the second time we stayed here. Like others 1st time was great but the 2nd time I wondered if they had different owners. We came in after being gone all day and though the bed was made, In 2 of our 3 rooms the coffe pot was dirty & so were the wine glasses. The grounds were still in the coffee pot and the cups were dirty. Doesn't seem like a big deal but even the cheaper motels give clean cups & glasses. We'll be staying somewhere else next time. We had 3 rooms, the only reason their cups & glasses were clean was because they hadn't used them. At these prices is it too much to expect clean cups, glasses, and coffee pot?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Noreane S
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were here for a wedding recently. First of all we were quoted one price and then got another price for $40.00 more. We had to pay it because they would not honor the original price. Since it was a wedding, we were told there would be a discount. We were not the only people this was told to. Also, the the place is in need of some work. The stairs are not too sturdy, the building is in need of a paint job and our room needed an overhaul as well. Our room backed up to the forest behind the Inn, so everytime we opened the door, we had all kinds of bugs fly in. I even found a tick in the bathroom. I've been to Galena a lot and I would never stay at LeFever again. Not worth the price and there isn't much to do there either. The grounds were pretty though for the wedding, but if I had a choice, I would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family