DeSoto House Hotel
$85
Country Inn
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites(Galena)(Great Value!)
$73
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa(Galena)(Great Value!)
$72
Stoney Creek Inn(Galena)(Great Value!)
$84
$81
Travelocity
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa(Galena)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
$89
$86
Hotwire.com
Grant Hills Motel(Galena)(Great Value!)
$59
Travelocity
Worldmark Galena(Galena)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsparking garagegreen street taverncourtyard restaurantmain streetgeneral's restaurantdeb bertucciroot beeroldest hotelhistorical hotelsusan babraham lincolnheart of downtowncorner roomwithin walking distancetrolley ridequiet roommy husband and i
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed with my sisters for the weekend. Initially the hotel seemed "quaint". After two days we decided that the DeSoto is about getting tourists in the hotel under that guise...however, it wasn't. $200 per night (an extra $10 because there was 3 in our party) and we didn't receive an extra set of towels....for EITHER day. The room was dirty, the hair dryer didn't work. The individuals in the room upstairs were very audible. The front desk staff were very much less than friendly and seemed put out when I asked to change the credit card so I could treat my sisters. Not one time were we greeted as we passed the front desk to our room. I was very disappointed and will be sure to share my experience with others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rixblix
DominiqueCross, General Manager at DeSoto House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I was very sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. The things you described are very concerning to me, are not typical and are not in keeping with the philosophy of the DeSoto House. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly at the Hotel. Thanks very much.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

In the heart of downtown,with covered parking: a big plus in this busy little town! Easy walk to all the stores and restaurants. My queen bed room was very pretty with the floral wallpaper, armchair, tall old window with a deep windowsill. Coffeemaker & complimentary bottled water provided, but no mini 'frig/microwave like a modern hotel, but no problem-- I wasn't looking for chain hotel amenities. Neat old bathroom: tiled walls, pedestal sink. Great shower--not a creaky low water pressure old hotel shower at all! And the room was so very quiet--- I never heard another guest's footsteps above, TV, toilet flushing etc. Nice dark bar in the lower level, adjacent to a nice sunny breakfast area---no complimentary breakfast but a terrific Sunday brunch for a great price. Only drawback? Plan on getting lost as you try to get to the lobby floor from the adjacent parking. No signs telling you where to go!

Room Tip: Can get a room overlooking Main Street but I liked my room facing a parking lot & shuttered restaurant, ha---it faced east and the sun coming in in the morning was terrific!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 5Martini5
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have visited GALENA, iLL several times a year and always stay at the DeSoto Hotel due to
its convenient location to the downtown shops and restaurants. My husband can go shopping with me and whenever he gets tired of that. (usually about 5-10 minutes) he can return to the hotel and read a book or browse the laptop computer and I can return when I am finished shopping. The hotel provides parking and has very nice restaurants which we have eaten at on several occasions. There are several wineries located in the city or close by and the views of the area and the excellent wine are a good combination for a weekend away.

Room Tip: We like to have a room facing the main street as the view from the huge windows is outstanding and reminds you of an era long ago.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Thanks to Jo, our front desk staff person, we were able to check in, drop our bags, and take off to walk the streets as soon as we arrived. Jo gave us a quick, but detailed review of hotel amenities, walking directions, and Galena history. She was there again, before and after dinner, to fill us in on the hotel history, resident ghost?, and to guide us to the hotel library where we watched the looping historical DVD. In the morning?....there she was again to help us check out. Thanks to Jo our stay was perfect. Oh, the room was fine, too!

1  Thank KnifeRiver
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times and we love this place. The location is perfect as you can leave your car in their parking garage and walk everywhere. This time we had a junior suite, which was just beautiful. We understand the restaurant has a new chef, but we decided to skip the breakfast buffet because the last time we were there it was pretty awful. The staff at the front desk are always very nice. The only problem we had this time was the temperature in our room. We were unable to adjust it and it was pretty warm. Will definitely return though.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room overlooking the courtyard - can be quite noisy in the morning.
1  Thank LimaB