My husband and I spent our 1st anniversary weekend celebration at Eagle Ridge in one of the 1-bedroom townhomes. The townhome was beautifully decorated and very spacious: full kitchen, sectional couch w fireplace in living room, and a huge king size bed. Our favorite part was all of the windows! Amazing views from every room. The living room and bedroom faced the lake, so pretty. Our location was # LA14. When we arrived I discovered there was not a DVD player in the room which was problematic cause I had made a wedding DVD for my husband. I called the front desk and maintenance delivered one within 30 mins. We ordered room service one afternoon for a late lunch which was good and reasonably priced. The pool in the main lodge is huge with a basketball net, sauna, steam room, and even a tv! We had lunch at Paisanos, excellent food and very nice people. There was a pumpkin patch w free pumpkins for guests and a general store which stocked everything u could possibly need. Outside of the resort, we went to downtown Galena for PT Murphy's magic Show! It's a MUST see!! Had dinner at the Log Cabin which was the best meal we have had in a very long time. I highly recommend the surf & turf. We
had lunch at Goobies. More good food. And spent several hours walking around looking at all of the unique shops. Overall, I'm very pleased with the accommodations and service at Eagle Ridge and really enjoyed Galena as a whole. Definitely an anniversary to remember!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena