We stayed here for a short get away in the lodge in a room. The grounds are well kept, the golf courses look good for those that enjoy golfing, the place is clean,, and the resort seems to have most of what you would want without having to leave if you don't want to. I don't recommend biking unless you are use to mountain biking, plus the brakes are worn. It is fairly hilly close to the resort and the ride at your own risk resulted in a fall with substantial injury for one of our family members. It is fairly quiet/peaceful, but a little pricey for what you get. We might stay here if we came back, but I think we would be more apt to try a bed and breakfast or something a little more historic for the same or lower price. The rooms are nice, but not "modern" in décor. We would have liked a refrigerator in the room without having to pay more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena