My husband and I stayed in one of the Lodge rooms overnight on Memorial Day weekend. The room overlooked Lake Galena - very peaceful and beautiful! During our approx. 24 hours there, we walked for an hour along the peaceful forest path that runs along Lake Galena, had a very nice dinner in the Woodlands Restaurant - where the staff was very accommodating to my special dietary needs. The next morning, we went for a bicycle ride in the rolling hills. Well, one of us rode, one of us rode sometimes, and enjoyed walking the bike other times! (: We had a couples massage - 2 of us, 2 masseuses and very PG-rated - very nice! A wonderful late lunch, and back to Chicago. We had been to Eagle Ridge Resort with our children at least 10 - 12 times when they were growing up. This was a very nice way to just be with each other. Thank you, Eagle Ridge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Groupon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena