My friend and I visited Eagle Ridge Resort deep into the off season. The drive out to the Resort was beautiful with a snow covered landscape. It was obvious that the resort was well maintained, as the roads and drives were plowed. The front desk attendant was friendly and efficient. We reserved the king suite with a fireplace. While it was very nice, the view was not very good. Personally, I think the suite could have benefited from a little more cleaning. There was a used towel hanging on the hook on the back of the bathroom door. The ledge separating the two rooms was dusty. The jets of the tub looked to have mold or mildew in them. The bed was comfortable and the fireplace kept the roomy suite nice and toasty. The lounge and coffee shop were both nice and friendly. We went to the general store for snacks and morning pastries and encountered the only unfriendly person during our stay. All in all this resort is someplace that I would certainly return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Groupon, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena