My fiance and I just returned from a trip for our friend's wedding. After reading reviews, we opted for a one bedroom villa. We were not disappointed. In the cold and dark, everything was a little hard to find (it is peaceful!) but our GPS and the directions provided got us there. We are so glad we got the villa - it was a two bedroom condo with one of the bedrooms locked. We had a beautiful, spacious master suite upstairs, and downstairs another full bathroom, kitchen, living/dining area. It even had a dishwasher and laundry. It was only $15 more per night; I dont know why you wouldnt choose to do this for the privacy, quiet, and space.
Our room also had a working fireplace, which was lovely. The master bedroom was a little noisy with the furnace, but we were plenty warm over the cold (high of 13!) weekend, and the heat control was good (I am picky about being able to control my heat - not too hot nor too cold).
We used the general store on the property and found prices reasonable - on the high end, but basically like going grocery shopping with no sales. For two days' breakfast and some snacks, plus a bottle of wine and full tin of coffee (it was a brand my fiance liked and wanted to take home), we spent a very reasonable $38.
My friend's wedding was in downtown Galena (sooo adorable!) and the reception was in the Eagle Ridge ballroom. It was a pretty basic set up in the inn's public hallways, reception area, etc but the ballroom was beautiful. My only wish was that we could have started while it was still light out, the windows appeared beautiful but it was already dark! Service during the reception was top notch.
It being the midwest, I expected folks to be a bit more outgoing friendly, but overall we had good service throughout our stay. As others have stated, it could use some updating, but nothing was sub-par for us. It's just definitely not quite a five-star experience, but I'd return again if my travels ever take me out that way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena