We recently spent the weekend at Eagle Ridge with several other couples. The accommodations were quite comfortable. A wonderful lobby with a huge Christmas tree extending up to past the open second story walkway. A warm fire in the fireplace. We were greeted in a friendly way at all times. Our first night there offered a complimentary wine tasting with cheese and crackers. We spent Saturday doing cross-country skiing on skis provided by the resort, and some sledding that made us all feel like 14-year-olds again.
Our room was comfortable with two reading chairs and good light. The bathroom is pretty tight. Just the commode and shower/tub behind the door. The basin is out in the room. It was hard to take a shower without water spilling onto the floor, even though we had the shower curtain inside the tub. But the room was quiet. I ended up getting up in the middle of the first night and turning off the heater...one of those blasted things embedded in the wall. It would run for 30 seconds, then shut off for 30 seconds, then run for 30 seconds, and on and on. Pretty annoying. I just turned it off and we were warm enough under the covers and finally got some sleep.
Sunday featured a nice hike through the snow-covered hills, then an AMAZING brunch put on by the resort. We were stuffed.
This was our first trip to Eagle Ridge but we definitely want to go back in warm weather and use the beautiful lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena