We stayed at the Eagle Ridge Resort for two nights right before Christmas this year. A 10-inch slow storm made our arrival treacherous--if I had once complaint during the stay it was that they were pretty slow to clear their 3-mile entry road. We had arranged to rent a 3-bedroom house but because of the storm, they had put us in a three-bedroom townhouse very close to the main lodge. This was a life-saver cause we could walk to dinner and to use the indoor pool instead of having to get back on the icy roads. Unfortunately, because of the storm, they were on skeleton staff around the hotel. This means they closed the sledding hill (in the best snow all year!!) and they were understaffed at the restaurant where the food arrived cold and very late (both my kids slept before it arrived at the table) .I can't really complain about that though since I would rather that everyone get home safe than have warm soup. Good indoor pool, small but sufficient workout room. Great service of bringing more wood to the condo, checking if we needed anything while we were snowed in. One of the three tvs in the house had no remotes but we barely watched TV. Townhouse kitchen was very small but acceptable. Looking forward to coming back one day in the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena