My wife and I chose Eagle Ridge for a relaxing couple of days away from home, mainly just to "chill out" and relax. For that it was a good choice. We spent two days and the view from our room with the fall colors at their early "peak" was wonderful. The front desk was very helpful and courteous, and the spa (we had a couples massage) was incredible.
However, we often judge our vacations by the feeling of "I don't want to leave" and for this trip, that did not happen. Our room size was large (Courtyard King in the main property), although it had a ton of wasted space and then a bathroom that was smaller than a cruise ship (It was very difficult to close the door to the bathroom standing in front of the toliet). The decor seemed dated, although I heard the property was actually remodeled a couple of years ago. The TV did not function well, and stations were somewhat limited. Housekeeping was a little limited and did not appear to do a very good job (we found a couple of hairs on the wall of the shower for example). Bed was comfortable and warm on the night of the first freeze of the year.
As for the food, we ate breakfast at the Woodlands Restaurant both of the mornings that we were there and it was good. We had the breakfast buffet both mornings and it had a variety and was reasonably priced. We also ate at the Woodlands for dinner on Friday night and it was tasty as well. Steak was prepared nicely and my wife's salmon was good as well. The chef's fresh basil salad dressing was impressive. Service was a bit shaky in the morning, but for dinner it was prompt.
Overall, it was a nice trip, although I believe the room was a bit overpriced for what we got. We will likely look at trying other options before coming back as there was nothing to "wow" us into an immediate return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena