“A treat everytime”
Review of Vinny Vanucchi's

Vinny Vanucchi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinny Vanucchi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I always make it a point to stop in for at least 1 meal when we are in town...The food is pretty good and the atmosphere is awesome. We actually got to sit on the patio and enjoy our meal, waiting time was less than we were told to start with so we were very pleased with that. Fairly prompt service and great attitudes!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great food but service was very slow. It was busy but I don't feel that was a good excuse for our waitress being very inattentive.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The fettuccine carbonara and the stuffed shells were ridiculously good. With the tasty garlic bread and lovely house salad to start with it was a thoroughly enjoyable meal. The restaurant is adorable old world italian and the service was just perfect! I feel terrible that I didn't catch my waitresses name since she was attentive and knowledgeable and extremely friendly. I believe it started with a K or C but I just can't remember. So K or C, just so you know, you're awesome!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I were in Galena for our anniversary and were looking for a nice place to go the night of. We told the man at the Visitor's Center that we were trying to decide between Perry Street Brasserie and One Eleven Main. He said he hadn't eaten at either one but if we liked Italian cuisine we should try Vinny Vanucchi's. I was pretty surprised that he didn't even give us any ideas regarding the two we mentioned (maybe he gets a kickback?), but my husband got excited about Italian and his mind was made up.
We ate here for an early dinner on Saturday over Memorial Day weekend. It looked like the outside tables were completely filled but there was no wait for us going inside. Decor was pleasant and the waitress took good care of us. At one point we asked a passing manager to take a photo of us since it was our anniversary, and he later sent two complimentary dishes of black cherry ice cream to the table. Very kind of them and very delicious. We loved the garlic bread (made with oil rather than butter) and the salad. For dinner we shared the Seafood Italiano. I liked everything but the crab; my husband loved it! There was an additional $5.95 charge for the shared plate. I would definitely recommend this restaurant - much more enjoyable than the Italian chains I am used to, and the higher prices are justified.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This restaurant was not only recommended, it was reviewed well by some, so my boyfriend and I went on Saturday evening over Memorial Day weekend for dinner.

We made reservations for 7:00p.m. Upon arrival, a couple had walked in ahead of us with no reservations. The couple was seated and we had to wait while a party of 8 and party of 10 were seated before we were.

As soon as were seated, it took a good five maybe 10 minutes before our waitress asked for our drinks. This maybe because the table behind us, a table of four, were complaining about the service and the time it took to receive their dinners. Their very vocal complaints, did not start our dinner off well. I had no choice but to listen and become increasingly worried about our dining experience. They had not received all their dinners at the same time, food was cold and silverware was not brought with their food. What I found most disconcerting about this was the manager, who finally was retrieved by one of the table's members after the waitress had failed to produce him, was not bending over backwards to attempt to make things right. If anything, his clear annoyance at the table was evident in his demeanor. The whole experience tainted our dining experience and I was left with a bad taste in my mouth.

This is literal as well. The food was mediocre. I had the Eggplant Parmesan, and my boyfriend had the lasagna. We also shared the toasted ravioli. The sauce had no taste, the noodles were underdone, and the dish was a mess when it came out. It simply was covered in cheese maybe in an attempt to cover up the greasiness of the eggplant, which while you expect some with a fried food, this was too much. Our appetizer tasted like it was from frozen.

I will note that they were incredibly busy and all the tables in our area with more then 2 people, appeared to be having issues with meals coming out at the same time. Of course, the wait staff have to climb many stairs as well, to bring up the food. There was definitely a break down in the kitchen and communication that evening.

Been to Vinny Vanucchi's? Share your experiences!