“Disappointing food”
Review of Vinny Vanucchi's

Vinny Vanucchi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinny Vanucchi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 65 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend, who told me that everyone in their rehearsal dinner loved the food. My friend and I were looking forward to trying the place so went for lunch last weekend while visiting Galena. It was a waste of money. First we were seated in this little room with only one other table. We kind of felt like pariahs. The menu looked very good. My friend ordered chicken parmigiana. The sauce had no flavor and was very thin (kind of like Del Monte from a can). I had the fettuccini with shrimp and broccoli. I was supposed to be in a rich tomato basil sauceThe salad was no better than Olive Garden. As my friend stated, it was a waste of $26.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We visited Vinny's June 29 during a weekend stay in Galena. We reserved a table for 7:30 but realized we were hungry quicker than we expected. We popped in to see if we could get squeezed in earlier. On a Sat evening, I didn't think that would be possible. No problem...we were seated on the second level near a window right away! This place is adorable and mysterious all at the same time! Our server was bubbly and helpful.

The menu is extensive-it was hard to pick what we wanted. Eventually we decided on sausage and peppers and chicken parmigiana. The garlic bread at the table was squishy and crunchy-so buttery and yummy! The salad was average.

Food came quick and it was hot and whoah-huge portions! I only ate half of my dinner. My Husband polished his off! We finished with Spumoni ice cream. Delish.

If you want a "safe" place to enjoy a meal with good Italian-American food (sorry I have been to Italy and nothing here compares) and like the traditional red-and-white checkered tablecloths in a casual setting, this place is for you!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This restaurant was a great place for good Italian food. The service was also great. I especially enjoyed the atmosphere.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The lasagna was so good and huge so my wife and I shared it. Our waitress was outstanding and super friendly. This italian place served free hot garlic bread. Great place!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Amazing Food and service. This is one of my favorite restaurants to eat at when I come to Galena, It was the first time my friends have been to Galena so I wanted them to try Vinny Vanucchi's, we all enjoyed it very much.

Been to Vinny Vanucchi's? Share your experiences!