“Sunday lunch way over priced”
Review of The White Heart

The White Heart
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Penistone
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We went to this restaurant for what we thought would be a nice sunday roast. We were greeted by a very unfriendly waitress who really thought she was above herself! The beef was abosolutely lovely but being forced to have 2 courses when all you really want it 1 was not good. For the 3 of us for lunch with 3 glasses of coke was nearly £70........... never again!

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We ate here this afternoon in the beer garden around the back of the pub it was very relaxing and the lovely staff was very helpful in recommending the beef sandwich which comes with gravy - this was lovely no fat just lean succulent beef. It's. Must to try

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Excellent meal as ever and good value service is pleasant and well timed.perhaps the menu could be updated more often but food good as ever

Reviewed August 25, 2012

What a shame as this place has such potential.
A group of us were in the area and thought we'd call in for a meal. The surroundings were nice, the meal was average but the staff left alot to be desired, particularly the manageress Sam Briggs! We have never come across anyone unprofessional, inefficient and rude - her level of skills or rather lack of them would be more suited to a camp site.
Working in the hospitality trade I would be really concerned if this was the level of managerial skills I had to rely on. It would be a shame for a place into which the owners have clearly put so much effort to fail because of the poor managerial skills. I would seriously consider a new manager it I was the owner.

6  Thank J68
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was looking for a place to eat in the area and read all these rave reviews. Too good to be true I thought! Well I was wrong and the reviews were correct. What an excellent place, the decor, atmosphere and food was first class. We called in for bar meal at 6.00, mid week and the light/ bar menu was surprising and such a varied choice. The food was absolutely delicious and I cannot remember when I have enjoyed a meal as much. I cannot wait to tell friends and family and it will not be too long until we eat there again. Try it yourself.

1  Thank patc56