“Lunchtime Treat”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Delicious food, relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff, lovely surroundings, plenty of choice on the menu.

1  Thank lyndawills

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I stopped for a meal at the Lion Hotel Restaurant on our way home from a visit to Haffren Furnishers Ltd of Llanidloes.( Who we find the most competitively priced Furnishers) It was 8.00pm and they were very busy but they found room for us.The food we had was excellent quality and cooked to perfection, I had Salmon and my wife had Belly Pork with an array of vegetables done to a turn.

1  Thank fly9
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had booked a table for a family birthday (eight people) and I was expecting the usual pub fare but we got something much much better.
The main bar is welcoming with leather sofas in front of the fire where we sat to study the menu whilst enjoying an excellent pint of real ale. The biggest problem was making a choice and between us we tried most things with no complaints, I had the prawn/crab/avocado starter which was superb followed with a wonderful lamb shank main and a very generous cheese board to follow.
The service was efficient and friendly without being overbearing and at an average of £30 for three courses of this standard represented excellent value - I'll be back soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Lion Hotel in Llandinam never fails to deliver. The food is way superior to the price and is on a par with another local hotel that charges a lot more for the same standard. The family who own it are always very welcoming and do all they can to please. Can't beat it for a great Sunday afternoon, but they are getting busier all the time, so definitely need to book.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had a wonderful lunch here. It was very yummy and I enjoyed it. The belly pork was stunning. the service was good efficient but not overbearing.

1  Thank MidWalesMissh