“Clean & friendly”

Hampton Inn Freeport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean. The bathroom was fully stocked of towels & toiletries. The downtown location had easy access to numerous businesses. This hotel looks so much better inside than from it does from the outside. I was very impressed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just satisfactory for a remote little town. From NYC and have little expectations. The whole town shuts down on Sunday. Many restaurants are closed Monday. Cocktails prices are reasonable. Had a room next to ice machine, which is annoying. Next stay is coming up and I anticipate it will be pretty much the same.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

When we checked in, we met a terrific member of your team by the name of Casie. She was informative, knowledgeable and put up with me sharing a story of about a co-worker of mine who went to Freeport H.S. in 1971 and has since moved to Kansas The next morning when I open my door to go to breakfast, there was a gift bag that contained a magazine about Freeport and a bag of pretzels. There was a handwritten note that stated, "For your Alumni friend" Then there was a printed note card that was titled, "Freeport misses you!" I was amazed!! This was way past "above and beyond" Over the past 20 years, I have traveled the country (typically 75- 100 nights/year in a hotel). While I have enjoyed great, good and poor experiences, this is at the top of the list as far as an "outstanding experiences" Casie, thanks for making my stay at the Hampton Inn in Freeport an outstanding experience

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is an older hotel that has been remodeled after Hampton took it over. The rooms are on the smaller side, but not too bad. The bathrooms are good size and modern. The staff is friendly and the complimentary breakfast is decent. I haven't seen the pool since the 90's so I can't comment on that. I wasn't able to try the attached restaurant but I have heard good things.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the Freeport area. Plus Great bar (Main Street). My only complaint was that on the second morning of my stay the shower water was tepid. Everything else was perfect. The young ladies behind the counter were very pleasant.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed a Friday and Saturday Night Apr. 11-13. Front desk personnel were all very friendly, cheerful and helpful. Prior reviews indicated eating places and they were correct. Breakfast very nice and a good variety of food to choose from cereal, hot items, waffles, breads, fruit, juices and coffee. Rooms were very clean and beds very comfortable in our double queens. Parking a little limiting but nothing to deter us from returning. Best pricing we found and very accommodating in splitting the bill.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is an old property. I did not notice while booking through the HHonors website. First time to Freeport so did a drive-by before checking in. I initially thought I would cancel and go to Rockford, but instead stayed. I parked in the empty, fenced lot across the street marked "Hampton Inn Parking Only". In the cross street a woman asked me if I needed a date. I thought I was in trouble.

The desk staff was great! My room overlooked my car across the street and was safe and secure. The room was different than most Hampton's I stay in, but was very clean and well stocked. I figured the on-site bar and grill would be horrible, but instead was wonderful. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. The area might seem a little "sketchy", but get passed it.

I would go out of my (a little) to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Freeport
#1 of 3 in Monroe
Paddle Wheel Inn
Paddle Wheel Inn
#1 of 1 in Oregon

Been to Hampton Inn Freeport? Share your experiences!