“This Is (Indeed) It!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is by far and away, one of my most favorite places to eat in Freeport. The staff at this restaurant go above and beyond all measure of service when you dine here. The menu is extensive, the prices more reasonable than you would expect for the ambience that greets you when you open the door. And if you happen to be there when they are featuring live music, your visit will be just that much more enjoyable.

Presentation is wonderful, regardless of sandwich or salad or breakfast. Whatever you choose will look as appetizing as it tastes.

Located in beautiful downtown Freeport, this restaurant is just a short distance from the movie theater, the Lincoln-Douglas Debate Site, the Civil War Monument, the Masonic Temple and many other attractions in the downtown area.

Stop by soon and tell them Diane sent you!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by several people in stores we visited, and they were certainly right. We ate there on Friday night, and stopped to eat again on Saturday before we left for home. The food was wonderful, the prices excellent, and the staff very friendly and welcoming. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was our first trip to this new restaurant in downtown Freeport, and we certainly enjoyed our meal and the experience over a busy Saturday lunch hour. We walked in and were warmly welcomed, seated right away, and promptly served our drinks. Service throughout the meal was terrific; our waitress had no qualms about any of our requests, and was very gracious and friendly. Food came quickly as did our check when we were ready to leave.

My husband and I both enjoyed our meals, look forward to returning, and will definitely bring out of town visitors or recommend This is It Eatery when people ask us for good place to eat in town.

We're not easy to please, but these folks hit all the right notes from the time we walked in the door to thanking us for our business as we departed.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love eating at this place..and so do my friends; we have never had to wait long to be seated, the service is good, friendly, and helpful and the food is plentiful and great to eat. I can't eat greasy foods and enjoy eating here, no problems. I maybe a small town gal but I know good food and service when I get it and I definitely get it here!. I will be coming back as long they are open and enjoying myself; I recommend it to friends and anyone who asks about a good place to eat in Freeport-I always get big "Thank yous" for the recommendations. Few places run smoothly at the beginning and this place has worked out all it's kinks.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We have been here several times and have great food, great service and lots of fun ! They have a delicious hamburger with a pretzel bun and an amazing salad with strawberries. They are now serving beer & wine!!