“ecellent”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (815) 235-8100
Reviewed July 3, 2012

You would not be sorry you stopped only problem is they are about 4 miles intown from the hotel cant drink alot great help!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Had the Filet, melt in your mouth...not expecting this great of a steak..also had the hand dipped calimari for app was great...nice atmosphere...not noisy....

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Just a great place to eat...very good steaks....we come here about 2-3 times a year

Reviewed November 29, 2011

It’s hard to believe that this restaurant is next door to, and owned by the same person as Cannova’s, to which I gave an average rating. I would say that Fieldstone has the best food of any place I’ve eaten in Freeport. We’ve had their steaks, their fish, and their seafood, and was very impressed with the presentation, the side accompaniments, and the quality of everything we’ve eaten.

We enjoy some unique touches in this restaurant. It was here I had mashed sweet potatoes for the first time in a restaurant before it became popular elsewhere. Sweet pepper strips for a vegetable is also a perfect choice.

The restaurant has a beautiful atmosphere of dark wood and low light. It seems to always be noisy, yet you can still carry on an intimate conversation and feel separate from the rest of the diners.

The service here is always superb. The prices are high for this area but in line for the quality of the food. The only complaint I have is that they serve wine in cheap-looking cut glass goblets that are very small.

1  Thank James G
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I enjoyed an excellent meal at The Fieldstone Inn. While it is known as a Steak house I had fish and it was great. I also had the vegetables which were excellent as well. The prices were very reasonable. They were also very service oriented. I hope to eat there again tomorrow.