We arranged to meet friends at this Hotel because of the price and it was part of the Choice Privileges program. I had a dog and 3 kids along with me, since it advertised being a pet friendly hotel and the price was right we booked it. When we arrived I discovered all the Pet friendly rooms are Smoking rooms on the "Smoking" floor. We do not smoke and don't care if others do BUT the smell on the 4th floor was so overwhelming we couldn't stand it! I opened all the windows in the hallway turned on the air conditioning units to try and air the hallways out. Our room was no better, the bedding, towels and after a night's sleep WE reeked of smoke. We kept our windows in our room open as far as possible (they have bar on the window so you can't open it very far) and the AC on constantly to help the air quality. There seemed to be a vent in the bathroom where the smoke from the other rooms would come into ours.
Another problem we had was the Hot Tub was broke and the pool was ice cold. When you have children we always look for a pool/spa to relax in.
This Hotel seems to need better management. The breakfasts were fine unless you wanted syrup with your waffles or sugar with your coffee. Every morning there was a new Breakfast item they would be out of but promised the truck was on it's way.
We cut short our stay due to the smell. It was starting to effect my son's asthma symptoms and even our dog stunk like smoke.
Maybe spend a little more and stay at a better smelling place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The pet-friendly BEST WESTERN PLUS O'Hare International South Hotel in Franklin Park, Illinois is just few minutes away from O'Hare International Airport. Our O'Hare Airport hotel provides O'Hare Airport shuttle service to and from the airport 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our hotel is situated about four miles from the Donald E. Stephen Convention Center, Rosemont Theatre and Allstate Arena. Attend a business conference, hear a Broadway musical performance or cheer the hockey team at a game near our hotel. Experience Chicago's renowned shopping at the nearby Fashion Outlets of Chicago, or make a wager at nearby Rivers Casino in Des Plaines. Explore the Windy City during your stay and make the short drive or train ride to well-known things to do in Chicago such as Rosemont Walk, The Magnificent Mile(R), Navy Pier and Wrigley Field. Start your work or sightseeing day right with our complimentary hot breakfast at our community table or a table for two, both featuring comfortable seating. Ask our knowledgeable team members for restaurant recommendations and transportation options. Each of our comfortable king or queen size bedrooms is equipped with free Wi-Fi, desk or activity table and flat screen HDTV. Consider an upgraded room with mini-refrigerator and microwave oven. Enjoy the comforts of home and friendly service at the BEST WESTERN PLUS O'Hare International South Hotel, offering a convenient location and access to downtown Chicago via the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus O'Hare International South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn o`Hare South Hotel Franklin Park
- Comfort Inn Franklin Park
- Franklin Park Comfort Inn