“Great Hotel/Motel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Franklin Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Hotel/Motel”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed in the Regal for 2 weeks and it is the nicest, cleanest and one of the best maintained hotels/motels I have stayed in. With its newly renovated rooms, refrigerators, wi-fi, microwaves, laundry room and flat screen. It has been a pleasure to stay here; also the owner’s were great along with the staff being friendly, respectful, and a desire to please their guest added to making my experience that much better. In that being said I would suggest anyone in the area to stay here it is one of the best ran Motels in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Very nice, clean rooms. Good amenities like Wifi, Microwave, Refrigerator. The Management is very courteous. I requested a delayed checkout for a special reason, and they were accommodative and helpful. Couldnt ask for more convenience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stay here about twice a month .I am so impressed with the looks and upkeep that I strongly recommend you stay as frequent as you can .Professional and courteous...Also free WI Fi helped me get a headstart on my work

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RegalInn2448, Manager at Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Good Morning, Jiohn a
Thank You for being our guest and staying with us, we appreciate your stay.

Sangita Patel
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This motel's rooms are beautiful. Small but modern, well kept and clean.
The place is close enough to major streets to get to restaurants and shopping venues but extends back from the main streets enough for peace and quiet at night.

Staff is friendly, professional, attentive and someone is always seen cleaning or making improvements.

We had a very nice week there.
Will visit again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were in town to visit friends and take in the sites. I was looking online for hotels near our friend's business and read the recent reviews. We decided to take the chance. So glad we did!!

The office staff were super nice and even remembered that I had called the day before to confirm my reservation. The room (we reserved the king deluxe) was clean, the bed comfortable and there was plenty of hot water for showers. Bear in mind that the outside looks like an industrial building, but the rooms inside are just lovely. It is obvious the hotel has recently undergone an upgrade.

The owners are security conscious and do monitor the premises. Police patrol all the time in the area. Basically there is a concerted community-wide effort to take back the neighborhood.

Let me tell you how great the service was - we were halfway home when we received a call from the front desk. The cleaning staff had found my husband's wallet and called to arrange pickup or shipping for it. We love this place!

Add to this that Johnny's Grill, a 24 hour breakfast joint, is right out front and you have a winning combo!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My boyfriend planned a trip to the Chicago area during my spring break and I was a bit apprehensive when he said he wanted to make all the plans himself-- especially since he doesn't have much travel experience. When we arrived at the hotel, we were both pleasantly surprised at how nice our room was. We arrived at the employees were very friendly and helpful, getting us all settled in our room. We had some issues with getting our key to work, but an employee promptly came up to give us a new key. The front desk even called about a half hour later to make sure everything was working well for us.

I don't really have anything bad to say about the place, even though we didn't spend a whole lot of time at the hotel. I really suggest trying Johnnie's Grill, a very, very small dinner located right next door to the hotel for breakfast or lunch. Everything in the room is new and remodeled-- flat screen TV, high speed wifi, and (my favorite part) a wonderful shower. The rates were super awesome and very affordable. This hotel is a little gem in a small, dingy suburb.

If you're planning on staying here to visit downtown Chicago, I suggest having or renting a car. The bus system is a little weird around this area, and it takes a long combination of trains/metro to get downtown. We tried taking the buses, got frustrated, gave-up, and just ended up taking our car.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel L
Darien, Illinois
Reviewed March 18, 2014

wow, very relieved to have stumbled across this motel. the area is full of dirty motels. boy was i happy with this one. you can get the feeling, imediatley,when you inquire about renting a room with the owners,(who,by the way,have been in control of this property for 20 years,& very recently have become part of the red roof inn family) that they are very watchful',of any shady characters,that are disrespectful to the property,(ie, smoking in the rooms, suspicious visitors to the rooms, hallways,parking lot,etc) - all the rooms have been completely renovated, like, 3 weeks ago, and they really want to keep everything clean & fresh.i checked in for a night,and as i first opened the door, i can smell the,"newness" and cleanliness of everything. the next day i extended 7 more days.... during the week, i noticed they kept a "watchful eye" on everyone entering the driveway. this made me feel safe, & really taken care of.... i did bring some fast food into the room, which was completely fine with them, but i made sure to despose of the left over food & wrappers, as if it were my own house, just to help keep the room nice.... they do recognize & take notes on checkout, that anyone that smokes & trashes the room. or has shady activities,that are part of the "norm" for the area, will not be tollorated & they will not be allowed back.... this is great!!! they will keep the rooms nice for those of us that are respectful, & will keep the riff-raff away..... these rooms should stay nice & fresh, for a long time.....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
#17 of 18 in Rosemont
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
Super 8 Chicago/Rosemont/O'hare/SE
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South

Been to Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park? Share your experiences!