“Nothing special”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Really a let down. My wife and I visited for dinner and were expecting a pleasant evening. But it was so noisy we had to shout in order to talk to each other. The food was decent, but I expected better. The service was good and the bar area is nice, so I think they would be better off focusing on being a bar instead of trying to be a bar and restaurant.

There are newer reviews for La Dolce Vita

Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have been coming to this restaurant for the past five years usually 4 or 5 times a month. I have never had a bad meal. The decor is wonderful. The staff is outstanding. We always start off the evening at the bar with a cocktail. Nick, Jenny and Kelly are just great. Ask Nick to show you his bar tricks. The most important thing is the food. It is truly outstanding. They go out of there way to make sure your meal is prepared the way you want. I have even ordered things not on their menu and they always accommodate me. I think La Dolce is one of best restaurants in the the south suburbs. For a great evening out give it a try - you won't be disappointed. Linda and Brian

Reviewed January 30, 2010

Love La Dolce Vita! Food is OUTSTANDING! Wish they were also open for lunch!!!!

Reviewed December 2, 2009

It was very loud in there when we sat inside. But, we had a great experience when we sat in their outdoor dining space. Food is excellent!

Reviewed August 21, 2008

Everyone that we bring here loves the great food, drinks and ambiance. We had my daughter's small wedding reception at the original La Dolce Vita in Lemont, IL.

We alternate dining here and at Lemont at least once a month. No matter what entree you order, it is superb. Seafood, veal, filet mignon, eggplant, pastas, pork chops, sausage, chicken---you cannot go wrong!

A delicious communal Italian salad bowl, chewy Italian bread with butter or olive oil, and a side of pasta come with all entrees. Nice wine list, too. For the giant portions you get, prices are reasonable. Some of the better south suburban Italian restaurants seem to have lower entree prices, but only because non-included "house" dinner salads run about $4.00 a la carte.

Everyone that dines here is smiling, laughing, enjoying the great cuisine, and the fellowship of friends and loved ones. The bar area is also very relaxing, and the drinks are superb. So, have a Tanqueray martini up, with blue cheese olives, an ice cold bottle of Peroni or a nice glass of Chianti---and enjoy!

La Dolce Vita is very easy to find, and has a spacious parking lot with plenty of free parking. It is nicely located about three blocks north of "downtown" Frankfort. And don't forget to try the original La Dolce Vita in Lemont---same great menu---different type of ambiance (somewhat cozier)---in a century-old limestone building on Main Street (again, there's always plenty of free parking in the back lot.)

2  Thank mathgenius