“Great restaurant for kids and good cafe food for adults”
Review of Choo Choo Johnny's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Kankakee, Illinois
“Great restaurant for kids and good cafe food for adults”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a train themed restaurant geared very much toward little kids. Keep this in mind as you won't find great cuisine here for adults bur good café style food. My kids loved it. The food is delivered via train and the waitresses are dressed as engineers. The atmosphere is fun and kid friendly to the extreme. Unfortunately a lot of the parents use this as an excuse to let their little ones run all over and create a general chaos for everyone. My kids even complained about some of the other kids in there being rude and loud. Overall the staff is great and my kids loved it. We will definitely be back but not for the food for the atmosphere!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank BengCh001

Frankfort, Illinois, United States
“My kid loves this place!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My kid is WAY into trains and if this is the case with your child... go! A train runs around the perimeter of the ceiling and the counter has a train deliver your food which is pretty standard diner fare. Price is OK.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Bill K
New Lenox, Illinois, United States
“Great place for a kid's birthday party!!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had our son's birthday party there today and it was awesome!! Kids loved all the games (bring a roll of quarters), the trains running all over the restaurant, and the atmosphere...completely kid friendly! We got use of the small private room suitable for opening presents. The kids got their food delivered by the train. We got a private server which made the party flow very nicely. The train whistles were nice and the take home cups. The food was great...my husband and I order cheeseburgers and they were great! The kids all got to choose their ice cream so all I had to bring was cupcakes and some coloring pages/crayons to keep them busy while they waited for their food.
I know this location is under new management and I have yet to have a bad experience!
I would recommend having a party there!

• Visited May 2013
Frankfort, Illinois
“Kids love it, but the food is mediocre at best”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Kids love to have their food served via train and they like to throw your quarters away on their cheesy games, but don't go there for the food. I have eaten there with my grandkids a number of times, and have never had a decent meal. Also, if there are too many kids there at the same time blowing on the train whistles you might go nuts!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lairdluoma
New Lenox, Illinois
“Kids enjoy it.”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We took the grandchildren there because one of them loves trains. He was happy, so I was happy. The food is average and not expensive.

Visited March 2012