“Loved it!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Elwood, IL
“Loved it!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just came home from here! It was great. There are four different types of BBQ sauces at the table. I had the burnt ends and have got to tell you they are probably the best I've had! We also had the peach sangria. Yum yum yummy! Will definitely go back again. The wine walk today was also fun!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank BeachLover5810

“Good BBQ!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I and family/friends have eaten there several times. The food is very good. It is definitely comfort food at its best. Alot of good beer selections and alot on the menu besides the ribs, which you can smell cooking in the back! The hush puppies are delicious and I could make a meal out of just them! Service is a little hit and miss - sometimes very good, other times we have waited for some time for our waitress to take our order. A good place to take friends for a casual meal and conversation.

• Visited October 2012
“Great find!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We were seated quickly and had our order taken right away by a very nice waitress. The food was fantastic! I didn't much care for my fries, and when our server noticed I hadn't eaten them, she brought over some other sides to sample. How nice!

We're already planning when we'll go next. You should check it out.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Service Time Wrecks the Whole Experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Just moved from Chicago to Frankfort so we were thrilled to find an interesting BBQ place to try. Was there 3 times in a week. The first time, my husband and I were very pleased with the food, drinks, location, and the personality of their manager. Thought we'd found a gold mine at this place. Only to find that once we praised the manager on just about everything about the restaurant, and asked for our bill, it took over 25 minutes to get the bill from her. That's an unacceptable amount of time to wait.
Two days later, I took my sister there for lunch, since I thought it might've just been a bad day for service staff on my previous visit, and we did really enjoy the food. Bad service time again. It overshadowed an otherwise pleasant meal, though the food was not as good at the first visit.
Two days later, (I know I should've learned my lesson), took a girlfriend there for lunch and ate outside. After finally getting our drinks, it took 50 minutes for our ordered food to arrive. By then we were done with our drinks and hoping for another while we waited, but were virtually ignored by the wait staff. This time, the food was dry and just warm.
Conclusion: It's unfortunately off my list of places to return. Despite the fabulous location, décor, menu choices, beverage choices, positive personality of the manager, there is no excuse for poor service which occurred 3 out of 3 visits. Very disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dorothy J
Frankfort, Illinois
“Will be back again!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I went to Smokey Barque for a dinner date. We both love barbecue/comfort food and this place did not disappoint. It was a gorgeous day, so we ate outside, which I think is a neat dining option to have. The servers were really friendly and knowledgeable. We kept busy while we waited for our food by trying out a free sampling their homemade chips with four different kinds of bbq sauce. Food was awesome. I highly recommend the pulled pork! Can't wait to go back again!

• Visited April 2013