“Great BBQ Restaurant!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Chicago, Illinois
“Great BBQ Restaurant!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was are second time there for dinner. Was a little disappointed on the short menu they had for fall festival. The food was still good. Love the smoky flavor of there pulled apart pork sandwich and wings. Great scenic view of downtown Frankfort sitting outside. Would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Place”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We spent alittle time here last Saturday when a rainstorm came up while shopping downtown. It has very friendly employees and a great variety of food and drinks. We will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2012
Mokena, Illinois
“Real BBQ in Frankfort”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Great location right across from Breidert Green (the "town square") with that wonderful smoke pulling you in to try the food. We ate outside in the fenced area along the street and it was very nice-- until the gnats started in on me! The food was tremendous and they have several good (authentic) regional sauces and great sides too. Will DEFINITELY go back.

Visited June 2012
Illinois
“Great spice rub and smoky flavor, but.......”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This was my fourth visit to Smokey Barque. This restaurant is so frustrating because the flavors are really great, and all the sides I’ve tried have been wonderful as were the onion rings, but the meats are sometimes tough and dry, and the kitchen seems to have problems keeping up. The first two visits were absolutely great all around. The third visit was, unfortunately for us, right after a "coupon deal" came out, resulting in long waits to be seated and our entrees didn’t come out for about 75 minutes. The staff was very apologetic, but that didn’t change the fact that even after it was served, the brisket and ribs were tough and dry. It's just a shame to drown the spicy, smoky flavors with barbeque sauce. Same thing happened tonight. I understand they were serving a party of 120 people upstairs, resulting in the kitchen being slow. Since this type of barbeque is supposed to be cooked low and slow, I can’t help but wonder if, when they get more business than usual, they rush the cooking to get it done so it can be served. I really don’t want to give up on this place, but I wonder if I should give it a long break until they figure out their problems. I really hope they do.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank sun2day
Wever, Iowa
“Everything was Great”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We are at Smokey's Sunday evening April 22, 2012 and it was a very nice time. It is a newer place and decorated nicely and comfortable. I had the ribs and they were awesome with several sauces to choose from that they bring to your table. The waitress was a younger gal but she did a good job. My wife also thought her food was very good. Price was average I would say for being in the Chicago area. Kind of like gas at $4.14 when it is $3.57 here at home. Try the place if you are in the area, I think you will like it.

• Visited April 2012