“Great place for breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brunch Cafe

Brunch Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Phone # - 847 516 0409, http://www.brunchcafe.com/
Barrington, Illinois
“Great place for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great selection, very good specials, fair prices, excellent coffee, and very good proportions. What more do you want at breakfast. The staff makes you feel at home. Restaurant has a very good feeling about it from the moment you walk in. Nothing special on the decor, just a place to drop in, have breakfast and get on with your Sunday.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Barrington, IL
“Nice little breakfast place - get in early.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Strip center location. Very nice staff. Average breakfast at slightly above average prices. Can get crowded on weekend mornings.

Visited March 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Consistently the very best !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had a late breakfast again with a friend at the Fox River Grove, IL Brunch Cafe on Sunday, 24th. None of it was a surprise; consistently great food and service that's even better. Owners and staff all seem to be striving for complete customer satisfaction. Friendly and smiley hostesses (3) to seat patrons quickly -- when they say "It'll be a :15 wait," it's exactly what they mean. The very best part of our experience however was Kimberly, our server. She was genuine, courteous, and seemed like she had a Ph.D. in hospitality. Although she was very young, her capabilities surpassed servers twice her age. We'll be back soon.

• Visited March 2013
Portsmouth, UK
“Oh yes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

On a visit from the UK staying with friends who live nearby, we went to this cafe for a Sunday morning brunch. On arrival, the place was packed with several people waiting....always a great sign! We waited ten minutes or so before we were seated. Our server was happy to give us some time to choose from the extensive menu, which included sweet and savoury - from omelettes and sliders to French toast. I chose the banana French toast.....Oh.My.God!! It was a huge portion but it tasted like a piece of heaven, especially drizzles with maple syrup. The coffee was great and topped up whenever we wanted more.

For three of us the bill came to a little over forty bucks, without tip. A great way to spend a Sunday morning. I'd highly recommend this friendly, welcoming, clean and all round fantabulous place. I want one here in the UK!

• Visited October 2012
NW suburb Chicago Illinois
“Breakfast & Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My first time here at Brunch Cafe in Fox River Grove, IL. First, WHAT AN IMPRESSIVE MENU!!! Second, what creative and fresh food choices! Third, this may be my new local fave breakfast/lunch spot!

I wish I had been able to order two or three selections here it was so hard to choose. And although I wasn't hungry the menu tempted me... which is unusual. Today, I was not hungry and usually I skip ordering and have a cup of coffee while visiting with pals. Instead, I had a yogurt parfait made with big fresh berries, layered with yogurt and topped with granola. And if I'm hungry I'll over order and take bunches of to go containers. But let me add the menu is packed with variety from waffles, french toast, benny's, sandwich wraps, panini's, burgers, salads and so much more! Mind you the list is typical but the offerings are unique, fresh and savory (ie; fresh asparagus, goat cheese, hollandaise on portabello aka portabenny or chicken bruschetta salad, stuffed waffles or french toast, red velvet pancakes, or black n white pancakes...). ay yay yay! writing this makes me want to go back right now except they're only open 630 am to 230 pm!! Also on the menu are fresh squeezed juice or you can indulge in mimosas or bloody mary's.

I asked for tea and was presented with a gorgeous silver tray holding magnetic tins full of aromatic herbal tea blends, from mate, lemon green, dark orange, earl grey, chai, florals, fruit and black teas. REALLY? usually if I request herbal teas I am offered 4 to 6 different Bigelow tea bag choices. This was like going into a specialty tea shop.

All in all, a great find in rural town Fox River Grove.

• Visited September 2012