Fairfield Inn Forsyth Decatur
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$80
$57
Sleep Inn(Decatur)
$64
Priceline
All reviewsmarriott chainturkey sausageroom was spotlessstay there againclean hotelwithin walking distancelocation is greatilnoisehousekeepercereallinensgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2010

It's obviously not a brand new building, but the hotel has done well to make this a clean, nicely appointed place. We got a terrific price, and although breakfast was absurdly small (other than packaged egg sandwiches, nothing hot was offered), I don't have any complaints. We were driving through from Chicago to Springfield, and the location suited us perfectly.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2009

Loved this place! Don't believe any of the negative reviews..they almost scared me away, but luckily I took a chance in stayed here! Very centrally located, right next to plenty of restaurants, shopping and right on on the main drag of Rt. 51. Rooms were great; very comfortable beds, with 5 to 6 pillows on each bed (which my husband loved!). Room temperature controls were great; never got too cold or hot without fast adjustment. Sheets and bedspreads very clean (I always check this first). Bathrooms very clean; sink and hairdrayer located outside of bathroom where toilet and bathtub/shower are; which aids in two people getting ready at the same time. Nice looking pool and hot tub; will bring our bathing suits next time. Bathtub/shower and toilet very clean. Plenty of hangers and drawer space. Front desk staff super friendly and accommodating. They offer round the clock complimenary tea and coffee in the lobby..along with free newspaper. Had wireless internet connection in room..with no problem. Used internet with printer in lobby to print out return boarding passes. Continental breakfast was more than adequate (make your own waffles, cerel, milk, juices, coffee, tea, Jimmy Dean Breakfast biscuits (microwave), toast, english muffins, bagel, cream cheese, apples, bananas, yougart, oatmeal). Great room prices. The hotel gets crowded at night with business people checking in. Was on the third floor (as requested) and never heard a sound out of anyone else. Will definitely stay here again and again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2009

We stayed here on Marriott points and were very happy with everything. Did not notice any unnecessary noise as noted in other reviews--maybe because we were on the top floor. Room was comfortable, ammenities were fine, breakfast could be a little better. Those tiny, stale muffins are an embarrassment to the Marriott chain. Otherwise, breakfast area was large enough, business center was fast, room was very clean and linens were clean. No floor-length mirror in room (minor) and no arrival canopy--arrived during a rain storm so this was not pleasant. Would stay there again. Location was very convenient to X-way and dining.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I spent one night here with my girlfriend and her daughter while we were in Decatur to visit her sister's family. I've always been more than satisfied with Fairfield Inns, but this one had a few issues that I've never had to deal with from the others I've stayed at.
When I arrived there, the desk clerk was very friendly (as I've always found them to be) and the room was spotless and comfortable (as I've always found them to be). I was perfectly satisfied until I started noticing a lot of noise coming from outside and above the room of what sounded like heavy footsteps. I also started noticing a humming sound that seemed to kick on and off with a little bit of regularity. I fell asleep, but around 4:00 AM I woke up and was unable to fall back to sleep because of the continual humming sound. I finally got up to find out where it was coming from and discovered my room bordered a staircase with an outside door, and the humming was from a very antique looking wall mounted heater that had seen better days. Being that close to the stairway also explained the heavy footsteps I'd heard earlier. I turned the heater off and thought that was the end of my problems, but it wasn't long before what seemed like a steady parade of people began using the aforementioned outside door, and each time the door slammed so hard it actually echoed in my room (I'm not exaggerating when I say it was VERY loud). Soon after all of that started, someone (not sure if it was a guest or housekeeping staff) started slamming doors in the hall near my room, which also echoed in my room (Again, very loud).
I've never had any problems with outside noise in my room at a Fairfield Inn before, and I suspect that this one may be a bit older than others I've stayed at and is designed a little differently. As another reviewer said, the walls seemed to be paper thin.
If I'd been in a different location in the hotel the noise may not have been an issue at all, so if you stay here and they try to put you in 102 tell them you want a different room!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 21, 2008

Although the front staff had the typical midwestern friendliness it could not compensate for the general dumpiness of the facility.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)