“Okay hotel, if in the area”

Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Forsyth
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had to be in area for business and the room was okay. I stay at Hampton Inn for work as well as Marriot and I would look for a Marriot first next time and if one is not in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Decatur and letting us know about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. We have exciting new breakfast items coming soon in September.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was in town for one night during Decatur Celebration for a family party. Hotel was clean, beds were very comfortable and the staff was very welcoming and helpful. Wish I could have used the pool--it looked clean and inviting but there just wasn't time. Also wish I could have had breakfast but slept in and just missed it. Desk staff was very nice in recommending another restaurant before I got back on the road. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay at the Hampton Inn Decatur. I am so pleased you were able to stay with us. Our indoor heated pool and On the Go Breakfast are wonderful amenities and I am sorry you didn't have time to enjoy them during your stay. On your next trip to Decatur come see us again and be sure to schedule some "me" time to enjoy and relax!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel staff at this location was fabulous! Helpful and kind in every way, and the facility is lovely. Great beds and the A/C didn't make any noise! What a treat! The breakfast staff went over and above when asked for anything, and made offerred me extra breakfast things after running out of certain items before closing up for the day. The Front Desk staff was awesome! The location was within walking distance of the mall and restaurants, and everything here was wonderful, If I am in town again, I will definitely contact The Hampton first! THANK YOU!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and letting us know about your visit. I am so pleased that you enjoyed yourself. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We needed a place to stay for a wedding and this was one of the hotels the couple had a block of rooms. Score! I was pretty excited because I already love the Hilton brand. This stay was exactly what I expected--warm, welcoming, and clean. The manager checking us in was very impressive. It had to be the quickest check-in I've ever experienced. As I'm a Hilton Honors member, she had to know that I've done this plenty of times. (I know where the pool is--thanks.) The hotel was pretty full that night, but I didn't hear a thing. Just another great stay at a Hampton Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for sharing with us your experience while staying at our property. I am so pleased you were able to enjoy your visit and take advantage of our Hamptonality!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very accommodating, just dropped in on our trip south. Very fine Hampton, we stay at them often and have rarely been disappointed. This one was very clean and comfortable. Great location easy to find. We only stayed the night and continued but breakfast was well stocked.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We love hearing from our guests. Our On the House Breakfast is a great way to start your day and I am so glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Decatur.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I were so happy with this hotel. It was extremely warm outside and the pool is very clean and felt wonderful. The rooms are so clean and the bed is very comfortable. The hotel is very clean, and updated. The dining area was very clean with a nice free breakfast. Close to a shopping mall and restaurants. Very safe area. Will stay here again. Also Pet friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay with us. I am so pleased you were able to enjoy the many features of our property. Please come visit us again and don't forget your fur babies!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Kids were running up and down the halls screaming, knocking on our door, etc.... We also had a room above the pool where we could hear kids. Everytime a door closed to another room our room shook. We were very dissappointed the hot tub wasn't working, and we were told it was going to be removed. The cleaness of the bathroom was not quite up to my expectations. A bit of crud on the shower curtian, and the door looked like someone trapped their dog in there. Our first choice for a hotel was Homewood, but it was full. Next time that happens we will look at options other than the Hamton.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay at our property. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. The staff did continuously try to contact the parents of the children to keep the children from disturbing other guests but unfortunately due to the large amount of children and the lack of supervision by parents this made our job an impossible endeavor. The hot tub still works wonderfully but we have to remove it due to unfortunate circumstances. The facility is not big enough to accommodate the newly required ADA lifts for the hot tubs and pools. As for the cleanliness of your bathroom I deeply apologize. We pride ourselves on being the cleanest property in Forsyth and I am disappointed that we did not come through for you. Thank you again for letting us know of your experience so that we can make sure that this does not happen again. We hope that on your next trip to Forsyth you will give us another chance to serve you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
Homewood Suites Decatur-Forsyth
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn Forsyth Decatur
Residence Inn Decatur Forsyth
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Decatur, IL
8 mi away
Hampton Inn Decatur Mt Zion
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Decatur

Been to Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth? Share your experiences!