“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Forsyth
Forsyth, IL, United States
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at this Hampton Inn. The hotel was a recommendation and I was very pleased with my stay. I felt safe and secure and would highly recommendation to others. The continental breakfast was a major plus since the meeting I attended was very early in the morning. The only thing I forgot to ask was it a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Decatur-Forsyth. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our continental breakfast is a wonderful time to relax and get energized for the day ahead. During the week if you do not have time to stop and eat we also offer Breakfast on the Run bags to take along with you. We are a pet friendly hotel and we welcome you and your furry friends back to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had a good stay at this hotel in Decatur. Convenient location, clean and good ammenities and internet, pool, etc. Since Holiday Inn moved out I'm left with no other choice but to use another brand. First time at this Hampton Inn and the experience was good. Breakfast was convenient as they let it run till 10AM vs 9AM at most locations. Staff is friendly, courteous and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Decatur. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff loves to hear from our guests as much as they love to make their stay wonderful. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Decatur!
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently went to Decatur for business and was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The staff was very friendly and efficient always greeting me any time I came into the lobby. The breakfast in the more was hot and ready with a variety of options. I'm usually so tired from work I don't remember much about the rooms or the bed but I know that I didn't have trouble falling asleep. My only little disappointment was the fitness center. The only equipment available is a very outdated treadmill, elliptical and bike. The fitness center is also very small which did not make for the best workout. Other than that - I'd stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and letting us know about your stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit here in Decatur. In addition to the cardiac equipment that we have on site our hotel also offers complimentary passes to the 24 hour Snap Fitness facility located across the street from the hotel. Please take advantage of this wonderful amenity on your next trip to our area. We look forward to seeing you again.
Medford NJ
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed just one night property is very clean and quiet,very good location just off the town center convenient to shopping and restaurants. All the amenities of home I would recommend to one and all.very nice pool and spa area fitness center is also very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Decatur-Forsyth. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area!
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Let me say this, this was Decatur, IL. So, I was not expecting or in need of luxury for this business trip. However, while the room was spacious, if not old and a bit shabby looking, the cleanliness was called seriously into question.

My stay was for 5 nights, and on the first night I accidentally spilled a large soda on the bed. I cleaned it up as best I could, and thought nothing more of it until I returned the next day. When I got back to my "cleaned" room and went to get into bed, I pulled back the covers and realized that they had not changed the sheets. My sheets stayed like this for the next two days as well, even though I left the bed so that the soda stain would not be missed during cleaning.

Was this the end of the world? No. Did it call into question the thoroughness of the how the rest of the room must have been cleaned? Oh yeah!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I do however understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am sorry that you found our rooms to be shabby looking and that your sheets from your bed were not changed. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. Due to our go green conservation program, we do only change the sheets in a stayover room every 4th day of thier stay unless the sheets are soiled and they are changed every day for a check out room. I am sorry that the soiled sheets were not replaced during your visit. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Port Clinton, Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I slept better last night than I do at home. The bed was wonderful. This Hampton has a very friendly and accommodating staff. Breakfast is standard but good. Free internet. More expensive hotels should take note that this is a great amenity. In addition, there are plenty of outlets to charge phones, plug in my fan, laptop, Nook, etc. We got this room from Hotwire so, of course, we didn't choose the hotel, but we have stayed here before and are always pleased when this is the one we get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms. Our beds are designed specifically for Hampton for our guest's comfort. We appreciated your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Decatur!
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very nice, well maintained hotel. But the best thing was the front desk people. Every time you pass the desk, they would have something nice to say to everyone. At checkin, they give you a bag of trail mix to munch on, and it was a nice welcome gift. Hotel is very clean, and was very quiet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Decatur. We appreciate the time to give us some feedback on your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We pride ourselves on our clean comfortable rooms and friendly service. Our employees have been with the hotel for many years because they love being able to put a smile on the faces of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Decatur!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
Homewood Suites Decatur-Forsyth
Hampton Inn Decatur Mt Zion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Decatur
Residence Inn Decatur Forsyth
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Decatur
Fairfield Inn Forsyth Decatur

Been to Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth? Share your experiences!