“Very Clean Extremely Comfortable”

Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Forsyth
Medford NJ
“Very Clean Extremely Comfortable”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed just one night property is very clean and quiet,very good location just off the town center convenient to shopping and restaurants. All the amenities of home I would recommend to one and all.very nice pool and spa area fitness center is also very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Decatur-Forsyth. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Let me say this, this was Decatur, IL. So, I was not expecting or in need of luxury for this business trip. However, while the room was spacious, if not old and a bit shabby looking, the cleanliness was called seriously into question.

My stay was for 5 nights, and on the first night I accidentally spilled a large soda on the bed. I cleaned it up as best I could, and thought nothing more of it until I returned the next day. When I got back to my "cleaned" room and went to get into bed, I pulled back the covers and realized that they had not changed the sheets. My sheets stayed like this for the next two days as well, even though I left the bed so that the soda stain would not be missed during cleaning.

Was this the end of the world? No. Did it call into question the thoroughness of the how the rest of the room must have been cleaned? Oh yeah!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I do however understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am sorry that you found our rooms to be shabby looking and that your sheets from your bed were not changed. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. Due to our go green conservation program, we do only change the sheets in a stayover room every 4th day of thier stay unless the sheets are soiled and they are changed every day for a check out room. I am sorry that the soiled sheets were not replaced during your visit. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Port Clinton, Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I slept better last night than I do at home. The bed was wonderful. This Hampton has a very friendly and accommodating staff. Breakfast is standard but good. Free internet. More expensive hotels should take note that this is a great amenity. In addition, there are plenty of outlets to charge phones, plug in my fan, laptop, Nook, etc. We got this room from Hotwire so, of course, we didn't choose the hotel, but we have stayed here before and are always pleased when this is the one we get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms. Our beds are designed specifically for Hampton for our guest's comfort. We appreciated your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Decatur!
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very nice, well maintained hotel. But the best thing was the front desk people. Every time you pass the desk, they would have something nice to say to everyone. At checkin, they give you a bag of trail mix to munch on, and it was a nice welcome gift. Hotel is very clean, and was very quiet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Decatur. We appreciate the time to give us some feedback on your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We pride ourselves on our clean comfortable rooms and friendly service. Our employees have been with the hotel for many years because they love being able to put a smile on the faces of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Decatur!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here on business - first and probably last time. Had a second floor room - it was nice, bed comfortable but awakened at 1 AM from noise of people walking above - not running or jumping but just people walking around in their room/corridor. Not even slamming doors - just the noise of the structure.

Two other in our group - all on the second floor - had same complaint. Mentioned this at check out and they appologized while noting that they get that complaint sometimes.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor if you want to sleep through the night
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to the noise you encountered during your stay. I totally regret that noise was disruptive to you and apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests. In fact, we are looking at different options of soundproofing our rooms.

Again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Angie Schmidt
Bourbonnais
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Since the poor reviews earlier, I'm guessing this hotel has been renovated. I have absolutely no complaints with the room. The furnishings all looked updated, and it was very clean. Service was good, too.

The value was terrific for me, since I got a great deal on Priceline.

The breakfast was so-so. The hot food wasn't great; I agree with the "egg crumbs" description, the turkey sausage did not look appetizing grayish (heat-and-serve type links) but tasted okay, and the country-style potatoes were lukewarm. The rest of the food was typical hotel continental breakfast food, but a nice selection: waffle maker, muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. Had I seen the hard-boiled eggs before I took the "egg crumbs," I would have had that instead.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Forsyth. We appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to wow our guests. I know there are new test items in the works to improve the hot breakfast items. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your visit. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to our area!
Central Illinois
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I normally only travel with my husband but was unable to do so for this trip. Was looking for a safe, clean, comfortable place to spend the night with my two daughters and this hotel really fit the bill! From the moment we walked in the staff was very welcoming and accomodating. I arrived far earlier than check-in time, around 10am. I had looked at a few other hotels in the area but this one far exceeded the others. After pricing the room and accepting I was very surprised to be handed my room keys. I didn't even have to wait till check-in......amazing!! The room was VERY clean and well appointed. The pool area was clean and the hot tub was just what I was looking for. I did not hear any sounds and slept wonderfully. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful.....plenty of options to choose from. All in all a wonderful place to stay. I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Forsyth! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to give each guest the best experience while they are away from home. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience feedback with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to our area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
Homewood Suites Decatur-Forsyth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Decatur
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Decatur
Hampton Inn Decatur Mt Zion
Residence Inn Decatur Forsyth
Fairfield Inn Forsyth Decatur

Been to Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth? Share your experiences!