“Always a Pleasure”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Forsyth
Rochester, New York
“Always a Pleasure”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Staying at the Hampton Inn is always worth it, especially this one in a small town Illinois setting. Everyone was very friendly, and the rooms were spotless-as usual. The indoor pool room, however, was a lot smaller than like most of their locations, meaning typically there were many loud groups of people running around it, so not the most relaxing atmosphere if you just wanted to lounge in the hot tub. We needed to yell to hear ourselves talk if we went in the middle of the afternoon. The breakfast was very nice, and the staff was always there to wish you a good morning. Overall the stay was great. One tip- go to the pool (if that's something you like) earlier before breakfast, or in the early evening and it will be fairly relaxing. Also, around noon it is pretty low key as well.

Room Tip: Go to the pool earlier in the day before the crowds get there.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
angie s, Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback, and for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Forsyth. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff loves to work with our guests and they love to hear from you. We look forward to being able to serve you again on your next trip to Forsyth.

We love having you here!

Sincerly,

Angela Schmidt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed April 30, 2012

As far as moderately priced mid line hotels Hampton Inns are the best in my opinion. They are always clean and comfortable and you get a pretty decent free hot breakfast. The location of this hotel is really good with a mall right behind it and several good dining options within walking distance. No complaints here.

• Stayed April 2012
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Came in for a dog show and ienjoyed my stay here. I even checked in early and they were able to accomidate me. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and had many choices for food & drinks. There is plenty of shopping and good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Greencastle, Indiana
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I frequently stay at Hampton properties, and am rarely disappointed. This is a very busy Hampton, but they always treat me like there most important guest. I stayed at this location for 18 nights in April 2012, and will certainly go back on my next visit to Decatur. The only downside was their waffle mix which needs some work, but everything else was exceptional.

• Stayed April 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel is so screwed up I can't believe it hasn't been condemned. The entire place is sagging here and there, the floors are uneven. When standing in the hallway you can see the soffit going up and own by at least 6 inches.I tripped going into the bathroom as the floor sagging caused a transition. I truly was worried that the structure is comprimised and the place is going to collapse. For $159 a night you get a old Hampton, low water pressure, heavily perfumed room. The grout in the bathroom was missing next to the door, with a crack probably leading to the cravass to the ground.I am a Diamond with Hampton, and was not recognized as such upon arrival. I will try my best to avoid this hotel and I visit decatur 4 times a year for business.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We booked a room at the last minute, and requested to use Hilton Honors Points. When we checked in, we noticed "Welcome Hilton Honors" on the sign outside. Inside, on the front desk, was another welcome sign for Hilton Honors with our last name listed. The room was average, small but clean. After we settled into our room, the front desk called to see if there was anything else we needed, including suggestions for restaurants. We used the pool and the hot tub and both were enjoyable for the whole family. The next morning we were greeted with "good morning" and smiles as we entered the breakfast area. The breakfast buffet was uncrowded for a Sunday morning, and had lots of choices to please everyone. The motel is within walking distance of a mall and several restaurants. Not a fancy motel, but comfortable and with everything we were looking for (pool, free breakfast, free internet). In response to other reviewers: the motel was clean when we stayed there (and we are very picky), we didn't notice a smoke smell but there was a strong air freshner smell, yes - the eggs looked a little funny (egg crumbs is a good way to describe it), and we didn't have any problems with the speed of the internet. The staff really went above and beyond to make sure our stay was wonderful! Hilton brand motels do an excellent job of making us feel special!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank izzy613
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel, for the price, is pretty weak compared to most Hampton's I've stayed at, and I have stayed at over 15 different ones across the Midwest and Southeast. The standard fare you get from Hampton's are there: free wifi, nice bed, free hot breakfast, etc. It was the quality of many of these that was lacking.

Wifi was very slow, even at non-peak hours. Hint: When AT&T internet on my phone runs faster than wifi, you know it's slow.

The "workout" facilities were more like a closet with an exercise bike and treadmill.

Breakfast was very poor. The scrambled eggs were more like egg crumbs compared to other Hampton's with eggs that look like you cooked at home. Also I got to have store bought tater tots instead of the advertised hash browns that they always have.

I'll only come back to this hotel if I'm forced. I'd be better off racking up Hilton Honors points at the Homewood down the street.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Scooterman3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
Homewood Suites Decatur-Forsyth
Hampton Inn Decatur Mt Zion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Decatur
Fairfield Inn Forsyth Decatur
Residence Inn Decatur Forsyth
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Decatur

Been to Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth? Share your experiences!