“Wonderful place didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 450above

450above
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Wickersley
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
cavan ireland
“Wonderful place didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went to this restaurant on friday 20th september ,with a very good friend when we got there we were greeted by the owner Ned very nice man , we had a drink while we waited for our table . Me been picky I had something slightly different our waitress Lauren was a lovely girl was there when we needed her very polite excellent serving manner not pushy probably the best waitress I've come across in a long time ..I can't wait to go back great food I specially loved the peanut butter ice cream yum yum .. All I can say is if you are anywhere near 450above & don't go & have a lovely meal you are sorely missing out ... Full marks to an excellent restaurant

1 Thank karen m

Sowerby Bridge, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food & night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was our first trip to this restaurant. We had a voucher from livingsocial which made it more appealing.

We were welcomed and had a drink whilst reading the menu for starters. There was quite a lot of choice and it all looked appealing.

The food was really good and the atmosphere very welcoming. The overall bill for 4 would have been £230 had we not had the voucher, and for that it was a little pricey. We will probably go again, but only for a special occasion.

Derby, United Kingdom
“What a shame!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

After spending an enjoyable evening at this restaurant we booked again to visit .My mum wanted to surprise my God Mother and she invited friends for what we thought was going to be an enjoyable evening. Prior to the evening my Mum thought it best to ring up to confirm the booking and also enquire as to whether we could add another two onto the booking only to be met by a stern"NO", not wanting to be deterred my Mum explained what the evening was for and came up against yet more animosity she was told that seating plans couldn't be changed, no apology or even trying to see any alternative just a blunt ?
So as not to upset the others who desperately wanted to attend we had to find an alternative venue, so out of courtesy we rang and explained why we needed to cancel only to be met by what appeared the same rude man who put the phone down on my Sister say no more we won't be returning!!!

4 Thank Jackie D
450above, Owner at 450above, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hello,
I would like to respond to your feedback regarding your attempt at booking a table at 450above on September 28th.
A little background to the booking is needed I feel.

Friday and Saturday services are as a rule booked out about 2 weeks in advance. We have 13 tables in the restaurant (7x2 and 6x4) and we have to manipulate these the best we can to maximise the number of covers we can do on each evening.

Your booking in the diary before the initial call was for a table of 12 (taking 3 of our 4's) when the call came to extend the party to 14 or 15 I started by saying that that wasn't possible as we were full and had no other tables available during the evening to extend the party. The reponse to this was "I feel sick as I dont know who to not invite."
I offered alternitives, so to accomodate the additional number of your party all of which weren't acceptable (eating earlier so we could have the table back etc)
I left the original call with the promise that if anyone cancelled in the meantime to call back and inform you of this so enabling you to extend your party.

Move on less than 24 hours and I receive a call informing us that you would like to cancel the booking because we couldn't accomodate the extra people.
This call came during a busy service and to say that I was rude and put the phone down on you is wrong. I had informed you that I had offered alternitives and that I had offered to call in the event of another table cancelling so as mentioned already enabling you to invite the extras to your booking. If it seems as though I put the phone down on you I apologise, but I remember saying bye and pressing the end call button.

I can't help the fact that Friday and Saturdays fill up fast, we are a releatively small restaurant and we have limitations to the numbers we can do. Weekends we put a limit on the number of people we do so as a rule anyone booking from 7/7:30 have the table for the evening, unless they state they are moving on after we wont resell that table.
We will try do our upmost to accomodate extras, make your evening what you want it to be but sometimes we are unable to do this, and unfortunately we were unable to do this on this occassion.
So I apologise for not being able to add the extras, but I did offer alternitives. I don't apologise for us being busy on a weeekend and sometimes this brings disappointments it's not as though I want to turn away business. Finally I apologise for maybe pressing the end call button half a second or so to early.

Thanks
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Extremely tasty well presented food......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Never been before heard mixed reviews but must say wasn't disappointed. Spacious restaurant with helpful hosts. Hot plates yeah brilliant, well presented and very tasty food. Not massive portions but plenty none the less. Had the gnocchi to start which was served in a superb sauce and then the beef check which fell to bits was so tender plus a quenelle of smooth mash carrots and shredded cabbage, excellent. Definitely worth a visit......

1 Thank Allitel
Sheffiled
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We'd been recommnded to have a meal at 450 above and never quite got round to booking a table. Finally we went last night and our only regret was not having made the effort to go before. The food was excellent and the whole evening was relaxing and totally enjoyable , will deffinatly be making several bookings going forward.

1 Thank JPMSheffield