“Lived up to its excellent reputation!!”
Review of 450above

450above
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Wickersley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Can only start by saying that if there was a higher rating than excellent, I would have scored it as that!!
Upon arrival we were met by Jeremy, one of the owners, and our host for the evening. He asked us to take a seat, offered us drinks and a review of the menu all very relaxed before taking our order and showing us to our table. His knowledge of his food and menu were extensive, showing a real keenness and passion for the food he was serving, and making us enthusiastic, not to mention salivate at the thought!!
I had Piri Piri chicken wings for starter, and my girlfriend had the Risotto of the day, whilst for main course I had Ox liver, and she had brisket. All four dishes were cooked perfectly, accommodating a slight change request I made without so much as a quibble. The presentation upon arrival of the food was fantastic, initially making it a shame to start eating, however once we did, we paid the ultimate compliment and sent the plates back clean enough to re-use!!!
The dessert menu offers an excellent choice to suit all tastes, which clearly they change regularly which shows a continued amount of attention to the food.
We'll be back there soon without doubt ourselves, and have indeed already booked a table for a family meal in April so the 5-10-5 menu (starter-main-dessert) will be taking quite a hit!
Go there and experience it for yourself, I'm sure you'll grow the list of returnees!!

1  Thank SuntanMan10

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Visited 450 above last saturday to celebrate with family. We arrived at 530 and were the first guests. Service fantastic, attentive waitress. Food exceptional, great choice, great taste and great price. Will definatley recommend and return soon. Great effort 450 above, hope more people discover this hidden gem.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We decided to try 450 above after reading the excellent reveiws read on trip advisor and we weren't disappointed.The service, food and atmosphere were second to none.
The food we chose was well presented,hot and tasted divine.
Excellent value for money.
Well done 450 Above.

1  Thank Jackie D
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was taken to this restaurant for a surprise retirement meal with my daughters and best friend. What a gem of a place. We arrived early on a sat night and were the first customers to arrive but were treated very special from the start. After ordering our meals we only had a short wait until we were escorted to our table, the place seats approx. 40 people. We all ordered different starters from the menu which we enjoyed so much that our plates were returned completely clean. The mains arrived, none of our party was disappointed by what we had ordered, again , the plates were returned back to kitchen empty, and when the sweets arrived we were all drooling over each others, repeating the empty plate saga. Will recommend 450 above to all my friends, well worth a visit!

1  Thank mollieNottingham
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We visited here for my dads birthday in January and then again in march for mine. The atmosphere was lovely. We all had 3 courses and they were gorgeous. The courses were all perfect in size. We went for their 5-10-5 offer which is very good value for money.

I had sesame and soya chicken to start, lobster ravioli for main and butternut squash and ginger cheesecake for dessert. We finished it off by sharing a cheeseboard.

Can't wait to go back again!

2  Thank terri_ann87