“Fantastic Burger & Fries” 4 of 5 bubbles

Duckfat Tavern and Grill
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Forest Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fantastic Burger & Fries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had dinner here during the USA-Portugal World Cup game, and it was full of life. Great environment. I can't speak to how it usually is.

Their thing is using duck fat when frying. The result is wonderful. The fries are full of subtle flavor. I had the Fat Duck Burger, which features brie cheese and bacon. Delicious.

The beer list is acceptable, although I would wish for more. The service was very slow, which kept me from giving five stars. True, this was during the World Cup game, but there we place was still far from capacity.

Overall a great place, and I plan on returning.

• Visited June 2014

“Not Bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Just happened to stop here while walking through on cruise night. We ordered the fries and had a beer on the patio. It was nice.

Chicago, IL
“My new Forest Park favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Perhaps if I'd read the reviews about how noisy Duckfat can be, I wouldn't have suggested it for my book group. But in fact on a Wednesday night in May the middle dining room was busy and cheerful, but not at all too noisy to have a conversation. We had the duck confit quesadillas--divinely rich and a very generous portion--the fish tacos--also excellent--and of course the phenomenal fries with the three dipping sauces. Our waitress was cheerful and helpful, the beer list extensive, and the prices reasonable. No one rushed us out as we lingered to discuss our book. We actually decided that from here on, it's our regular meeting spot.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank yooperann
“Great fries!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Duckfat is a good little neighborhood bar with great food! It's super loud so try to sit in the dining room which is quieter than the bar. Their food it super tasty and the fries are awesome! The beer list is extensive and I always have fun when I go.

• Visited December 2013
“A nice departure...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ok, we all know Chicken Parmesan, at least here in Chicago, as a breaded chicken breast, over spaghetti and red sauce, right? Well get ready of a little shake up. This used to only be a special, but with a little wheedling, on my part, the owners saw fit to put it on the regular menu. They take two chicken breasts, with a Parmesan crust, serve it with garlic mashed potatoes, and garlic spinach, all covered in a white wine garlic cream sauce. You might think, right off the bat, too much garlic. I assure you, they got the mix down pat. It's just right. The service is always excellent, and the bar, is a fun place to drink. It can get a little loud when sports are on though, but if that's the only downside, what does that tell you? The burgers are awesome, as well. Hope you enjoy the venue as much as I do!

• Visited October 2013