“Very nice place but what's with the bananas?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Thyme and Honey Restaurant
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Chicago IL
“Very nice place but what's with the bananas?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

Great place with plenty of parking behind the building. We met some friends for breakfast there after finding this place on TripAdvisor. We would definitely return for another meal. Large menu for both breakfast and lunch. We were somewhat taken aback by the plate of bananas that appeared on the table halfway through the meal but I guess that is their thing.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Westford, Vermont
“Breakfast was great. I...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2009

Breakfast was great. I went back a second day on my week long visit.

oak park
“Sizzling in Forest Park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

At last, a great quality breakfast! I had the infamous Garlic Omelette (suggested by friends and waitress) and all I can say is that I will definitely be back! The portion was definitely more than generous so I was able to enjoy it again, the next day! Who would ever think to put garlic in an omelette....me now!
My only problem was in finding the place. I went to meet a friend who told me exactly where to go, but for some reason I kept passing it up. If I didn't have to meet someone, I would have surely given up!
The place needs lights or big neon signs. -A true gem!!

Oak Park
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing not eggcellent. :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2008

I had been here several times before, but won't go back again after my last visit. I ordered an omelette and half way through just about gagged on egg shells. I brought it to the attention of my waitress, and her reply was that there was a new cook and her eggs that morning also had shells in them. Not the right reply. If a cook can't make eggs without the shells, he should either be shown how to make eggs properly, or shown the door. I also commented to the cashier/host when she asked how the breakfast was. They should get a new cook. They should also have offered to discount the meal by an amount equal to the uneaten portion. I won't go back and neither should you. This was our second choice when Original Pancake House had a long wait. Next time I'll wait.

St Louis
“I miss this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

I was delighted to see this restaurant commented upon after a general internet search. I was reading reviews of other restaurants in the Chicago are, and Thyme and Honey instantly came to mind. I I lived in Oak Park untli 2003 but certainly remember that place as one of my favorite "neighborhood" eateries. I loved it. Very comfortable on the inside, loved the waitstaff, and while it was usually a breakfast or lunch place for me, I can't think of anything I ever ordered that I didn't enjoy. Had breakfast there EVERY weekend, and lunch probably a couple times a week. It's one of the things I miss most about living there.